Jim Giles (reporter)jim giles reporter amharic, jim giles reporter herald
Jim Giles is a journalist and co-founder of MATTER, an online publication specialising in long-form articles on science and technology
He has written about science, politics and the environment for The Atlantic, the New York Times, Nature, New Scientist and The Guardian
Until April 2007, Giles wrote full-time for the journal Nature In December 2005, he and colleagues published a story that compared the accuracy of science articles in English Wikipedia to those in Encyclopaedia Britannica Peer reviewers recruited by Nature identified an average of four inaccuracies in the English Wikipedia articles they examined and an average of around three in articles on the same topics in Britannica Britannica subsequently criticized the story, prompting Nature to clarify the methodology used to compile the results
In 2009, Giles asked ten prominent scientists to come together and discuss the future of the Nobel Prizes The group, which included Tim Hunt, winner of the 2001 Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine, called for the creation of new Nobel prizes for the environment and public health The group also recommended expanding the medicine prize to include disciplines such as ecology, which are not currently covered by the prize The group's recommendation were published on 5 October 2009 in an open letter to the Nobel Foundation
In March 2012, Giles and fellow journalist Bobbie Johnson completed a successful "Kickstarter" campaign for MATTER, a new science and technology publication The campaign raised $140,201 MATTER published its first article, a 7,800-word story about a rare neurological condition, in November 2012 It currently publishes monthly
Giles studied physics at the University of Bristol He received a master's degree in computational neuroscience from the University of Oxford Giles initially developed exhibitions at the Science Museum in London, joining Nature in 2001 as a news and features editor and becoming a reporter for the journal in 2003
- ^ a b Giles, J 2005 "Internet encyclopaedias go head to head: Jimmy Wales' Wikipedia comes close to Britannica in terms of the accuracy of its science entries" Nature 438 7070: 900–1 Bibcode:2005Natur438900G doi:101038/438900a PMID 16355180
- ^ Jim Giles on Twitter
- ^ Giles, J 2007 "Key biology databases go wiki: Collaborative approach aims to keep pace with discoveries" Nature 445 7129: 691 doi:101038/445691a PMID 17301755
- ^ Giles, J 2005 "Climate science: The dustiest place on Earth" Nature 434 7035: 816–819 doi:101038/434816a PMID 15829933
- ^ Giles, J 2012 "Going paperless: The digital lab" Nature 481 7382: 430–431 doi:101038/481430a PMID 22281576
- ^ Giles, J 2012 "Finding philanthropy: Like it Pay for it" Nature 481 7381: 252–253 doi:101038/481252a PMID 22258587
- ^ Giles, J 2011 "Social science lines up its biggest challenges" Nature 470 7332: 18–19 doi:101038/470018a PMID 21293348
- ^ Giles, J 2007 "Court case to reclaim confidential data" Nature 446 7138: 838–839 doi:101038/446838a PMID 17443147
- ^ "Fatally Flawed: Refuting the recent study on encyclopedic accuracy by the journal Nature" PDF Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc March 2006
- ^ Nature's responses to Encyclopaedia Britannica
- ^ Anon 2006 "Britannica attacks and we respond" Nature 440 7084: 582 doi:101038/440582b PMID 16572128
- ^ https://wwwreadmattercom/a/do-no-harm/preview/
|This article about a British journalist is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
jim giles reporter amharic, jim giles reporter amharic version, jim giles reporter herald, jim giles reporter live
Jim Giles (reporter) Information about
Jim Giles (reporter)
Jim Giles (reporter)
Jim Giles (reporter) viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.