Jean-Michel Raimondjean-michel raimondi, jean-michel raimondi's florist
Jean-Michel Raimond born 1955-12-1111 December 1955 in Orléans is a French physicist working in the field of quantum mechanics
- 1 Biography
- 2 Awards
- 3 Principal publications
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Raimond enrolled at the École normale supérieure rue d'Ulm ENS in 1975 After graduating with a DEA in atomic and molecular physics, his first research work was in superradiance and Rydberg atoms
He became Research Associate and Research Fellow at the Centre national de la recherche scientifique CNRS, working under Serge Haroche towards his 1984 thesis Propriétés radiatives des atomes de Rydberg dans une cavité résonnante "Radiative properties of Rydberg atoms in a resonant cavity"
Since 1988, he has taught at the Université Pierre-et-Marie-Curie
From 1994 to 1999, he was a junior member of the Institut universitaire de France
From 2001 to 2011, he was a senior member and held the chair of quantum optics
From 2004 to 2009, he was head of the Department of Physics at the École normale supérieure rue d'Ulm
Raimond specialised in atomic physics and quantum optics as a member of the Kastler-Brossel Laboratory in the Groupe d'Électrodynamique Quantique en Cavité, which he ran with the 2012 Nobel Prize winner Serge Haroche and Michel Brune
He became interested in Rydberg atoms, because their relatively large size and sensitivity to microwave radiation makes them particularly suited to studies of matter/energy interaction He demonstrated that these atoms, coupled to superconducting cavities containing some photons, are ideal systems for testing the laws of quantum decoherence and for demonstrating the possibility of constructing the components of quantum logic, with promising results for their use in informatics
His most recent work, quoted in the 2012 Nobel Prize-winning work, allows photons to be counted in the cavity without their being destroyed, thus directly demonstrating the quantum measurement problem This ideal measure also helps combat quantum decoherence with a quantum feedback scheme which keeps the number of photons in the cavity constant
Raimond is the son of Michel Raimond, late professor of French literature at the Sorbonne
- Prix Fernand Holweck by the Académie des sciences 1985
- Grand prix Ampère de l'Électricité de France, given by the Académie des sciences, with M Brune 1998
- Grand Prix Jean-Ricard by the Société française de physique 2007
- Gay-Lussac-Humboldt research award by the Fondation Alexander von Humboldt 2012
- European Physical Society Edison-Volta prize 2014
- Chevalier de la Légion d'honneur
- Officer of the Ordre des Palmes Académiques
- Brune, M; Hagley, E; Dreyer, J; Maître, X; Maali, A; Wunderlich, C; Raimond, J M; Haroche, S 1996 "Observing the Progressive Decoherence of the "Meter" in a Quantum Measurement" Phys Rev Lett 77 24: 4887–4890 Bibcode:1996PhRvL774887B doi:101103/physrevlett774887 PMID 10062660 In this experiment, for the first time, wave function collapse was observed using quantum mechanical methods
- Raimond, J M; Brune, M; Haroche, S 2001 "Manipulating quantum entanglement with atoms and photons in a cavity" Rev Mod Phys 73 3: 565–582 Bibcode:2001RvMP73565R doi:101103/revmodphys73565 Peer reviewed article describing in particular quantum logical operations
- Haroche, S; Raimond, J M 10 August 2006 Exploring the Quantum : Atoms, Cavities, and photons Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Gleyzes, S; et al 2007 "Quantum jumps of light recording the birth and death of a photon in a cavity" Nature London 446 7133: 297–300 arXiv:quant-ph/0612031 Bibcode:2007Natur446297G doi:101038/nature05589 PMID 17361178 First ideal measurement ie without quantum demolition of the number of photons in a cavity
- Guerlin, C; et al 2007 "Progressive field state collapse and quantum non demolition photon counting" Nature London 448 7156: 889–893 arXiv:07073880 Bibcode:2007Natur448889G doi:101038/nature06057 PMID 17713527
- Sayri, C; et al 2011 "Real time quantum feedback prepares and stabilizes photon number states" Nature London 477 7362: 73–77 arXiv:11074027 Bibcode:2011Natur47773S doi:101038/nature10376 PMID 21886159 First demonstration of a quantum retroaction schema in a quantum continuum
- ^ a b "Curriculum vitae" cqedorg Retrieved 1 August 2015
- ^ Raimond, Jean-Michel "Propriétés radiatives des atomes de Rydberg dans une cavité résonnante" [Radiative properties of Rydberg atoms in a resonant cavity] PDF in French telarchives-ouvertesfr Retrieved 25 June 2015
- ^ "Jean-Michel RAIMOND" IUFamuefr Archived from the original on 23 June 2015 Retrieved 25 June 2015
- ^ https://webarchiveorg/web/20130401131359/http://wwwphysensfr/spipphparticle130 Archived from the original on 1 April 2013 Retrieved 23 June 2015 Missing or empty |title= help
- ^ "Nobel de Physique : un Français et un Américain se partagent le prix" [Nobel Prize for Physics: A Frenchman and an American share the prize] Le Parisien in French 9 October 2012
- ^ Raimond, J M; Brune, M; Haroche, S 28 August 2001 "Manipulating quantum entanglement with atoms and photons in a cavity" Rev Mod Phys Rmpapsorg 73 73, 565: 565–582 Bibcode:2001RvMP73565R doi:101103/revmodphys73565 Archived from the original on 3 July 2013 Retrieved 25 June 2015
- ^ Rauschenbeutel, A; Bertet, P; Osnaghi, S; Nogues, G; Brune, M; Raimond, J M; Haroche, S 14 May 2001 "Controlled entanglement of two field modes in a Cavity Quantum Electrodynamics experiment" Physical Review A 64 5 arXiv:quant-ph/0105062 Bibcode:2001PhRvA64e0301R doi:101103/PhysRevA64050301
- ^ "The Nobel Prize in Physics 2012" Nobelprizeorg 2012 Retrieved 25 June 2015
- ^ Gleyzes, Sébastien; Kuhr, Stefan; Guerlin, Christine; Bernu, Julien; Deléglise, Samuel; Ulrich Busk Hoff; Brune, Michel; Raimond, Jean-Michel; Haroche, Serge 2006 "Quantum jumps of light recording the birth and death of a photon in a cavity" Nature 446 7133: 297–300 arXiv:quant-ph/0612031 Bibcode:2007Natur446297G doi:101038/nature05589 PMID 17361178
- ^ Guerlin, Christine; Bernu, Julien; Deléglise, Samuel; Sayrin, Clément; Gleyzes, Sébastien; Kuhr, Stefan; Brune, Michel; Raimond, Jean-Michel; Haroche, Serge 26 July 2007 "Progressive field-state collapse and quantum non-demolition photon counting" Nature 448 7156: 889–93 arXiv:07073880 Bibcode:2007Natur448889G doi:101038/nature06057 PMID 17713527
- ^ Sayrin, Clément; Dotsenko, Igor; Zhou, Xingxing; Peaudecerf, Bruno; Rybarczyk, Théo; Gleyzes, Sébastien; Rouchon, Pierre; Mirrahimi, Mazyar; Amini, Hadis; Brune, Michel; Raimond, Jean-Michel; Haroche, Serge 20 July 2011 "Real-time quantum feedback prepares and stabilizes photon number states" Nature 477 7362: 73–77 arXiv:11074027 Bibcode:2011Natur47773S doi:101038/nature10376 PMID 21886159
- ^ "Michel Raimond auteur de Le roman" in French Babeliocom Retrieved 25 June 2015
- ^ http://wwwepsnewseu/2014/02/raimond-eps-ed-volta-prize/
- in English Cavity Quantum Electro Dynamics
- in French Conférence Ernest - Promenade dans le monde quantique
jean-michel raimond silver, jean-michel raimondi, jean-michel raimondi's florist, jean-michel raimondo
Jean-Michel Raimond Information about
Jean-Michel Raimond viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.