Jean-Baptiste Tubyjean-baptiste tuby
Jean-Baptiste Tuby Also known as Le Romain - born in Rome in 1635, died in Paris 9 August 1700 was a French sculptor of Italian origins, best known for the sculpture in the fountains of the Gardens of Versailles His work expresses the exuberance of the Baroque blended with the classicism of the Style Louis XIV
- 1 Life
- 2 Sculpture
- 3 Other sculpture
- 4 Notes and Citations
- 5 Bibliography
- 6 External links
Tuby was born Giambattista Tubi in Rome in 1635, and first trained as a sculptor in Italy, before coming to France sometime after 1660 He was first engaged by the Gobelins Manufactory, headed by Charles Le Brun, the chief artist for the King In 1664-65, he was employed making sculptures for the grottoes and terraces of the Chateau of Saint-Germain-en-Laye This led to major projects for the fountains and gardens of the Palace of Versailles, including the gilded lead sculpture of Apollo and his chariot for the Basin of Apollo 1668-71, the statues of the Rivers Saone and Rhone for the central basin 1683 athe statue of Flore He also made a monumental statue of Peace and a large carved marble vase for the courtyard, and several other statues on mythological themes for the bouquets, or enclosed gardens, in the park
Le Rhône, La Saône, bronzes 1685-1688 Le vase de la paix, marbre 1685-1686 In addition to his work at Versailles, he collaborated on several projects with sculptor Antoine Coysevox, making a Pieta for the sepulcher of Jean-Baptiste Colbert, now in the Church of Saint-Eustache in Paris, and a bronze statue of Peace at the foot of the funeral monument to Cardinal Mazarin, in the Collège des Quatre-Nations now the Institut de France He also worked on the group of figures around the funeral monument to Marshal Turenne, originally in the Basilica of Saint-Denis, now at near the tomb of Napoleon at Les Invalides
He was naturalized as a French citizen in 1672, and married the niece of Le Brun Under Le Bruns's sponsorship he entered the new Royal Academy of Painting and Sculpture in 1676
The Rhone 1685-1688
Bassin de Flore 1672-79
Fountain of Apollo 1668-1671
Engraving of Apollo and his Chariot in 1683
The Vase of Peace 1685-1686
La Paix Peace 1685-86
Galatée, Bosquet des Dômes 1667-75
Acis playing his flute, Bosquet des Dômes 1667-75
Funeral monument of Turenne at Les Invalides
Secondary figures around tomb of Colbert, Church of St Eustache 1685
Secondary figures around tomb of Cardinal Mazarin, Institute of France
Statue of Fidelity for the tomb of Cardinal Mazarin, Institute of France
Diana with a stag and a dog, terra cotta, Los Angeles Country Museum of Art 1687
Notes and Citations
- ^ a b c Petit Robert 2010
- ^ BnF, Manuscrits, Mélanges Colbert 311, f 160-183v 7 septembre 1664 A Baptiste, sculpteur, à compte des ouvrages qu’il fait à la façade des terrasses de Saint Germain : 200 l 14 octobre 1664
- Geese, Uwe, Section on Baroque sculpture in L'Art Baroque - Architecture - Sculpture - Peinture French translation from German, HF Ulmann, Cologne, 2015 mw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-rightmw-parser-output citation mw-selflinkISBN 978-3-8480-0856-8
- Le Petit Robert des Noms Propres, Paris 2010, ISBN 978-2-84902-740-0
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jean-Baptiste Tuby|
- Tuby's bronze Fountain of Apollo at Versailles
- Tuby's marble Vase of Peace at Versailles
- Tuby's bronze figure, The Rhone, Parterre d'Eau at Versailles
- Tuby's bronze figure, The Saon, Parterre d'Eau at Versailles
- Site on Tuby at the National Library of France in French data BnF : Jean-Baptiste Tuby 1635-1700
Jean-Baptiste Tuby Information about
Jean-Baptiste Tuby viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.