Jaroslav Jarik Nešetřil Czech pronunciation: ˈjaroslaf ˈnɛʃɛtr̝̊ɪl; born March 13, 1946 in Brno is a Czech mathematician, working at Charles University in Prague His research areas include combinatorics structural combinatorics, Ramsey theory, graph theory coloring problems, sparse structures, algebra representation of structures, categories, homomorphisms, posets diagram and dimension problems, computer science complexity, NP-completeness
- 1 Education and career
- 2 Awards and honors
- 3 Books
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Education and careeredit
Nešetřil received his PhD from Charles University in 1973 under the supervision of Aleš Pultr and Gert Sabidussi1 He is responsible for more than 300 publications2 Since 2006, he is chairman of the Committee of Mathematics of Czech Republic the Czech partner of IMU
Jaroslav Nešetřil is Editor in Chief of Computer Science Review3 and INTEGERS: the Electronic Journal of Combinatorial Number Theory4 He is also honorary editor of Electronic Journal of Graph Theory and Applications5 Since 2008, Jaroslav Nešetřil belongs to the Advisory Board of the Academia Sinica6
Awards and honorsedit
He was awarded the state prize 1985 jointly with Vojtěch Rödl for a collection of papers in Ramsey theory The book Sparsity - Graphs, Structures, and Algorithms he co-authored with Patrice Ossona de Mendez was included in ACM Computing Reviews list of Notable Books and Articles of 20127
Nešetřil is a corresponding member of the German Academy of Sciences since 1996 and has been declared Doctor Honoris Causa of the University of Alaska Fairbanks in 2002 He has also been declared Doctor Honoris Causa of the University of Bordeaux 1 in 2009; the speech he made in French at this occasion attracted a great deal of attention8 He received in 2010 the Medal of Merit of Czech Republic9 and the Gold medal of Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University in 2011 In 2012, he has been elected to the Academia Europaea10 Also, he has been elected honorary member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences in 201311
He was an invited speaker of the European Congress of Mathematics, in Amsterdam, 2008,12 and invited speaker by both the Logic and Foundations and Combinatorics sections at the Combinatorics session of the International Congress of Mathematicians, in Hyderabad, 201013
- Hell, Pavol; Nešetřil, Jaroslav 2004 Graphs and Homomorphisms Oxford Lecture Series in Mathematics and Its Applications Oxford University Press ISBN 0-19-852817-5
- Matoušek, Jiří; Nešetřil, Jaroslav 1998 Invitation to Discrete Mathematics Oxford University Press ISBN 0-19-850207-9
- Matoušek, Jiří; Nešetřil, Jaroslav; Mielke, H translator 2002 Diskrete Mathematik: Eine Entdeckungsreise in German Springer ISBN 3-540-42386-9
- Matoušek, Jiří; Nešetřil, Jaroslav 2006 Introduction aux mathématiques discrètes in French Springer ISBN 228720010X
- Nešetřil, Jaroslav; Ossona de Mendez, Patrice 2012 Sparsity - Graphs, Structures, and Algorithms Algorithms and Combinatorics, Vol 28 Springer ISBN 978-3-642-27874-7
- Nešetřil, Jaroslav; Rödl, Vojtěch 1991 Mathematics of Ramsey Theory Algorithms and Combinatorics, Vol 5 Springer ISBN 0-387-18191-1
- ^ Jaroslav Nešetřil at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- ^ http://kammffcunicz/~nesetril/pdf/biblio_publishedpdf
- ^ Editorial Board, Computer Science Review, Elsevier Accessed January 29, 2011
- ^ Editorial Board, INTEGERS: the Electronic Journal of Combinatorial Number Theory Accessed January 29, 2011
- ^ Editorial Team, Electronic Journal of Graph Theory and Applications Accessed June 14, 2013
- ^ Advisory Board, Academia Sinica Accessed January 29, 2011
- ^ ACM Computing Reviews - Notable Computing Books and Articles of 2012, ACM Computing Reviews website Accessed June 29, 2013
- ^ "Échos de Talence", Sud Ouest 2009, September 11th
- ^ List of the recipients of the Medal of Merit, Prague Castle Website Accessed January 29, 2011
- ^ Jaroslav Nešetřil's page on Academia Europaea, Academia Europaea website Accessed November 12, 2012
- ^ New members of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences Archived 2014-09-03 at the Wayback Machine, Website of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences Accessed May 11, 2013
- ^ Program, ECM 2008 Accessed January 29, 2011
- ^ Invited Speakers for ICM2010, ICM 2010 Website Accessed January 29, 2011
- Official website
- Official website
Jaroslav Nešetřil Information about
Jaroslav Nešetřil Information Video
Jaroslav Nešetřil viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.