Janine Duvitski born Christine Janine Drzewicki; 28 June 1952 is an English actress, known for her roles as Jane Edwards in Waiting for God, Pippa Trench in One Foot in the Grave and Jacqueline Stewart in Benidorm Duvitski first came to national attention in the play Abigail's Party, written and directed in 1977 by Mike Leigh
- 1 Personal life
- 2 Career
- 21 Television
- 22 Films
- 23 Theatre
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Duvitski was born in Lancaster, Lancashire Her father was Polish She trained at the East 15 Acting School in London She has four children, Jack, Albert, Ruby, and Edith Bentall, with her actor husband Paul Bentall Her youngest daughter Edith is the lead singer of the band 'FOURS'
Duvitski's principal television credits include the series Waiting for God 1990–1994, One Foot in the Grave 1990–2000, and Benidorm since 2007 In the BBC's Vanity Fair she played Mrs Crawley She has also appeared on Lily Savage's Blankety Blank
She has also appeared in the one-off production of Blue Remembered Hills by Dennis Potter, as well as in episodes of Foyle's War "Fifty Ships", Benidorm, Brush Strokes, Cowboys, Citizen Smith, Minder, Midsomer Murders, My Family, Man About the House, The Georgian House, The New Statesman, The Black Stuff by Alan Bleasdale, The Knowledge, Z-Cars, The Worst Week of My Life, Little Dorrit, Still Open All Hours and, in 2013, as Emily Scuttlebutt in the CBeebies show Old Jack's Boat
In 2015 Duvitski starred in the BBC sitcom Boy Meets Girl In 2017 she appeared as Mrs Leydon, the Chapel assistant, in BBC's mockumentary Hospital People
Duvitski had a small role opposite Laurence Olivier and Donald Pleasence in Dracula 1979, and appeared in the 1980 rock music film Breaking Glass She also appeared in Michael Crichton's The First Great Train Robbery 1979, The Madness of King George 1994, About a Boy 2002, The New World 2005 and Angel 2007
Duvitski first came to national attention in Abigail's Party, written and directed in 1977 by Mike Leigh The play opened in April 1977 at the Hampstead Theatre, returning after its initial run in the summer of 1977, with a total of 104 performances A suburban situation comedy of manners, the play is a satire on the aspirations and tastes of the new middle class that had emerged in Britain in the 1970s In November 1977 an abridged version of the play, lasting 104 minutes, was recorded at the BBC as a Play for Today Duvitski plays Angela, a nurse, wife of Tony Cooper, appearing meek and somewhat childlike, unintelligent and tactless She comes into her own only when host Laurence Moss suffers his fatal heart attack at the climax of the play
Her theatre career has also included productions at UK's National Theatre, Young Vic and Royal Shakespeare Company
In 2007 she appeared on stage in the revival of English National Opera's On the Town The production, which also included veteran British comic actress June Whitfield, saw Duvitski give a "touching comic account of Lucy Schmeeler, Hildy's homely roommate"
Duvitski played the Vegetable Fairy in the 2017 Sunderland Empire Theatre pantomime Jack and the Beanstalk
- ^ "Janine Duvitski" bfi Retrieved 18 October 2010
- ^ "Janine Duvitski" tvcom Retrieved 18 October 2010
- ^ "Janine Duvitski" movietomecom Retrieved 18 October 2010
- ^ Greenstreet, Rosanna November 2012 "Family jewel: Interview with Ruby Bentall" Sheengate Publishing Retrieved 20 May 2013
- ^ "ITV Series 1, Episode 4" Lily Savage's Blankety Blank 28 January 2001 ITV Repeated 23 August 2016 on Challenge TV
- ^ "Old Jack's Boat" BBC 14 January 2013 Retrieved 20 May 2013
- ^ Ellis-Petersen, Hannah "BBC starts filming sitcom starring transgender actor | Television & radio" The Guardian Retrieved 9 March 2016
- ^ Dowell, Ben 13 February 2017 "Russell Brand to guest star as a "nutrition guru" in new BBC comedy Hospital People" Radio Times Retrieved 2 February 2018
- ^ "Janine Duvitski: Other Works" IMDb Retrieved 2 February 2018
- ^ Elleson, Ruth 9 May 2007 "On The Town – English National Opera" Opera Today Retrieved 20 May 2013
- ^ Wheeler, Katy 20 December 2017 "REVIEW: Jack and the Beanstalk, Sunderland Empire" Sunderland Echo Retrieved 2 February 2018
- Janine Duvitski on IMDb
Janine Duvitski Information about
Janine Duvitski viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.