Dr Jan Jerzy Buzek 27 March 1874 – 24 November 1940 was a Polish physician, activist and politician from the region of Zaolzie, Czechoslovakia
Buzek was born in Końska as a son of a peasant He graduated from primary school there, and later from the German gymnasium high school in Cieszyn He later decided to study medicine at Jagiellonian University in Kraków and graduated in 1901 In 1902 he became a municipal and miners' doctor in the coal mining village of Doubrava He worked in Orlová, where he helped to found the Juliusz Słowacki Polish Grammar School In World War I he served in the Austrian Army as a doctor
Buzek also lectured at various schools From a young age he was active in Polish cultural and educational organizations, eventually becoming chairman of many of them, including Związek Harcerstwa Polskiego The Polish Scouting and Guiding Association in Czechoslovakia He was a co-founder of the Polish People's Party, a Polish political party in Czechoslovakia of a Protestant and liberal character In 1931 Buzek became a leader of this party He was a member of the National Assembly of Czechoslovakia in Prague from 1929 to 1935 As a deputy, Buzek defended the rights of the Polish minority, often cooperating with another Polish deputy, socialist Emanuel Chobot
After the outbreak of World War II, Buzek was arrested by Nazi authorities on 12 April 1940 and on 28 April incarcerated by the Nazis in the Dachau concentration camp He was transferred on 5 June to Mauthausen-Gusen camp, and on 15 August again to Dachau concentration camp Before arrest his weight was 118 kg, before his death 45–50 kg He died in Dachau on 24 November 1940 from exhaustion Before death he said to his fellow inmate:mw-parser-output templatequotemw-parser-output templatequote templatequotecite
I looked 40 years to the eyes of death, but today nobody will help me I was saving people, best how I could; but today nobody will save me My left eye is blind
He wished his ashes to be laid at a cemetery in Bystrzyca nad Olzą, in the grave of his first wife Anna, his first love He is buried there
- ^ a b c d Słowik et al 1999, 45
- Gawrecki, Dan 2000 "Polské politické strany v Habsburské monarchii a v Československé republice" In Pavel Marek; et al eds Přehled politického stranictví na území českých zemí a Československa v letech 1861-1998 Olomouc: Katedra politologie a evropských studií FFUP pp 238–244 ISBN 80-86200-25-6mw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-rightmw-parser-output citation mw-selflink
- Jaworski, Kazimierz January 2007 "Cieszyńskie rody: Buzkowie" Zwrot: 38
- Myška, Milan 2000 Biografický slovník Slezska a severní Moravy Ostrava: Ostravská univerzita ISBN 80-7042-547-4
- Słowik, Józef; Tadeusz Hławiczka; Kazimierz Santarius 1999 Dr Olszak i jego następcy Albrechtice u Českého Těšína: Polskie Towarzystwo Medyczne w Republice Czeskiej ISBN 80-902252-3-3
Jan Buzek Information about
Jan Buzek viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.