James H. Laughlinjames h. laughlin, james h laughlin steel family
James H Laughlin was a pioneer of the iron and steel industry in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania He was born March 1, 1806 near Portaferry in County Down1 Laughlin died on December 18, 18822
- 1 Steel industry
- 2 Involvement in Pittsburgh
- 3 References
- 4 External links
In 1854, Laughlin bought the retiring Bernard Lauth's interest in the steel partnership with Benjamin Franklin Jones2 The company was renamed Jones and Laughlin in 1861, later reorganized as J&L Steel34
Involvement in Pittsburghedit
In 1844, Laughlin was appointed as a corporator to the board responsible for establishing the Allegheny Cemetery5 In 1852, Laughlin and his associates, including BF Jones, founded a banking organization that, when chartered, was the First National Bank of Pittsburgh,26 later Pittsburgh National Bank7
Laughlin was the first president of the Western Theological Seminary in Pittsburgh
He was a founder of the Pennsylvania Female College,2 which later became Chatham University
- ^ Boucher, John Newton 1908 A century and a half of Pittsburg and her people Lewis Pub Co p 213 |OCLC=13928977
- ^ a b c d Thurston, George H 1888 Allegheny county's hundred years Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh, Digital Research Library pp 258–260
- ^ "Family's Fourth" Time April 13 April 13, 1936 Retrieved 2008-08-09
- ^ "Jones-Laughlin Steel to be Reorganized" PDF The New York Times Aug 6 1922 Retrieved 2008-08-09
- ^ Allegheny Cemetery, Pittsburgh, Pa 1910 The Allegheny cemetery, Pittsburgh, Pa: its origin and early history, also a report of its condition, progress and business during thelast ten years, June 1, 1900-May 31, 1910 Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh, Digital Research Library p 13
- ^ White, Edward 1903 A century of banking in Pittsburgh Pittsburgh, Pa: University of Pittsburgh, Digital Research Library p 19
- ^ "Corporate History" PNC Legacy Project PNC Financial Services Retrieved 4 November 2013
- Jones & Laughlin Steel Corporation Historical Records, 1871-1953, AIS197307, Archives Service Center, University of Pittsburgh
- Records of the Jones and Laughlin Steel Corporation, MSS#33, Historical Society of Western Pennsylvania
|This Pittsburgh-related article is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
james h laughlin steel family, james h. laughlin
James H. Laughlin Information about
James H. Laughlin
James H. Laughlin
James H. Laughlin viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.