Italian Wikipediaitalian wikipedia, jamie's italian wikipedia
The Italian Wikipedia Italian: Wikipedia in italiano is the Italian-language edition of Wikipedia This edition was created on May 11, 2001 and first edited on June 11, 2001 As of 16 November 2016 it has 1,312,468 articles and more than 1,431,106 registered accounts It is the 8th-largest Wikipedia by the number of articles after the English, Swedish, German, Dutch, French, Cebuano, and Russian editions
- 1 History
- 2 2011 mass blanking protest
- 3 Features
- 4 References
- 5 External links
As early as March 2001, Jimmy Wales, the creator and co-founder of the original English language Wikipedia, had proposed the creation of parallel Wikipedia projects in other languages The Italian language version was among the first ones to be created, in May 2001 The original URL was italianwikipediacom, while the standardized ISO 639 address itwikipediacom became active a few days later Afterwards, Wikipedia sites switched their domains from wikipediacom to wikipediaorg The very first pages circa five hundred were simply untranslated copies from the English-language Wikipedia; the first edits were made from 11 June 2001 onwards
One of the earlier edits was an appeal to help Nupedia; the first entries on the Italian Wikipedia were the pages on Dante Alighieri, Petrarch, Manzoni, and other Italian writers The edits were not numerous, and the priority was initially given to helping Nupedia; the lemmas were just twenty or thirty, and there were about ten users With the end of the Nupedia project, the situation began to improve for the Italian Wikipedia: users started to sign in, and the functions of administrators and semi-protection were implemented This happened by 2004; the number of articles was now 56,000
In August 2005 the Italian Wikipedia overtook the Spanish and Portuguese language editions, becoming the 8th largest edition by article count The primary reason for the rapid leap from 56,000 to 64,000 articles was an automated bot which created stub articles on more than 8,000 municipalities of Spain in an operation dubbed "Comuni spagnoli"
On September 8, 2005, the Italian Wikipedia overtook the Dutch Wikipedia and one day later, on September 9, it passed 100,000 articles On September 11, it overtook the Swedish Wikipedia, becoming the fifth-largest language edition Again, automated scripts contributed heavily to the growth For instance, a bot created more than 35,000 articles on municipalities of France However, it was overtaken by the Polish edition on September 23, 2005
In June 2006, Italian Wikipedia users independently created the Template:Bio with "Bio" being a diminutive of biografia, "biography" On 23 October, the Polish version surpassed the Italian Wikipedia by number of articles As of 16 October 2006, the registered number of users was 100,000 90 of which were administrators
In 2007, the Italian Wikipedia adopted an Exemption Doctrin Policy, shared with other Wikipedias In the same year, on 21 May, there were more than 300,000 entries On 22 January 2008, the entries were 400,000; on 3 October, they were 500,000 The number of users had reached 250,000
In 2009 the Italian Wikipedia was awarded the Premiolino, the oldest and most prestigious Italian journalism prize, in the new media category
On June 22, 2010, it passed 700,000 articles Robie House – 700,000th article On September 28, 2010, the Italian Wikipedia overtook the Polish Wikipedia, becoming the 4th largest edition, though in October 2010 the numbers on both Wikipedias were very close, and as of 2011 the Polish Wikipedia is in the lead again On May 12, 2011, it passed 800,000 articles On the same day, it overtook the Polish Wikipedia On March 12, 2012, it passed 900,000 articles On January 22, 2013, it passed 1,000,000 articles
In April 2016, the project had 2233 active editors who made at least five edits in that month
2011 mass blanking protestMain articles: DDL intercettazioni and DDL intercettazioni § Paragraph 29 From October 4 to October 6, 2011, a knowledge blackout was in place During this time, all pages on the Italian Wikipedia project were redirected to this one-page Manifesto
From October 4 to October 6, 2011, following a decision adopted by volunteers of the Italian Wikipedia community, a knowledge blackout was in place During this time, all of the site's articles were hidden and the website was blocked by its administrators, as a protest against the DDL intercettazioni Wiretapping Bill which was being debated at the time in the Chamber of Deputies of the Italian parliament
The controversy largely centered on paragraph 29 of the proposed bill According to a public statement by editors of the Italian Wikipedia:"at this time, the Italian language Wikipedia may be no longer able to continue providing the service that over the years was useful to you, and that you expected to have right now As things stand, the page you want still exists and is only hidden, but the risk is that soon we will be forced by Law to actually delete it" "Today, unfortunately, the very pillars on which Wikipedia has been built—neutrality, freedom, and verifiability of its contents—are likely to be heavily compromised by paragraph 29 of a law proposal, also known as "DDL intercettazioni" Wiretapping Act This proposal, which the Italian Parliament is currently debating, provides, among other things, a requirement to all websites to publish, within 48 hours of the request and without any comment, a correction of any content that the applicant deems detrimental to his/her image" "Unfortunately, the law does not require an evaluation of the claim by an impartial third judge—the opinion of the person allegedly injured is all that is required, in order to impose such correction to any website Hence, anyone who feels offended by any content published on a blog, an online newspaper and, most likely, even on Wikipedia would have the right for a statement "correction" to be shown, unaltered, on the page, aimed to contradict and disprove the allegedly harmful contents, regardless of the truthfulness of the information deemed as offensive, and its sources"
The bill allowed for a fine of between €9,500 and €12,000
This was the first time that a Wikipedia had blanked all its content to protest The Wikimedia Foundation officially supported the decision of the Italian Wikipedia by a statement released the same day As of 5 October 2011 the manifesto, which replaced the Italian Wikipedia, had been viewed approximately 8 million times On October 6, 2011, the website content was restored, with a banner across the top of each page explaining the reason for the protestThe main page on 18 January 2012 The body text reads, "The Italian Wikipedia welcomes and expresses its solidarity with the protests of its colleagues on the English Wikipedia against the Stop Online Piracy act and the PROTECT IP Act These bills, if approved by the US Congress, would limit the freedom of the web and the very survival of Wikipedia"
On 18 January 2012, the English Wikipedia was shut down for 24 hours, following a decision by contributors to protest against two bills being examined by the Congress of the United States: the Stop Online Piracy Act and the Protect Intellectual Property Act On that day, the Italian Wikipedia redirected users from its own main page to a black page expressing a message of support to the decision of the English encyclopedia Users could then click to access the Italian encyclopedia's content normally
On 10 July 2012, when the Russian Wikipedia was closed to protest State Duma’s debating of amendments to the law "On information" Law Project No 89417-6, the Italian Wikipedia displayed a site-wide banner supporting the protest"The Italian Wikipedia approves of, and is in solidarity with, the Russian Wikipedia's protest against the proposed law being debated in the Duma This change in the law, if approved, would permit the Russian government to create a blacklist preventing access to specific websites, like the Great Chinese Firewall"
In November 2012, messages appeared on the Italian Wikipedia protesting the Italian Senate's Bill #3491, 3204, 3400 and especially 3207
|This section does not cite any sources Please help improve this section by adding citations to reliable sources Unsourced material may be challenged and removed September 2008 Learn how and when to remove this template message|
- The Italian Wikipedia currently accepts free images licensed under the GFDL and Creative Commons Fair use images have been rejected since April 2006 due to potential copyright problems, and many of them were subsequently replaced during 2007 with equivalents which follow Italian law
- Unlike the English, French and German Wikipedias, the Italian Wikipedia does not have an Arbitration Committee
- The Italian Wikipedia has used automated scripts to create articles, much like the English Wikipedia
- Administrators are elected through a vote; a minimal quorum of 65-70 voters and 80% of support votes are required if the request is to be considered successful Any administrator is automatically open to recall after a year of service The community then decides whether to let them keep the role or not with a vote Administrators who have been inactive have not used any administrative tools such as the "delete" or "block" buttons for six months automatically lose their privileges
- ^ New language wikis, Wikipedia-l mailing list
- ^ it:Speciale:Statistics
- ^ List of Wikipedias
- ^ https://listswikimediaorg/pipermail/wikipedia-l/2001-March/000048html%7CAlternative language wikipedias
- ^ Re: new language wikis, Wikipedia-l mailing list
- ^ Wikipedia:Ultime_notizie
- ^ Progetto:Geografia/Antropica/Comuni_spagnoli
- ^ Progetto:Comuni_della_Francia
- ^ On October 12, 2010: 735 444 pl vs 735375 it
- ^ "Camera dei Deputati: disegno di legge N 1415-B" PDF Camera dei Deputati in Italian Retrieved October 4, 2011 External link in |work= help
- ^ a b "Wikimedia blog » Blog Archive » Regarding recent events on Italian Wikipedia" Blogwikimediaorg Retrieved 2011-10-05
- ^ a b "Wikipedia:Comunicato 4 ottobre 2011 "Communication 4 October 2011"" Italian Wikipedia 2011-10-04 Retrieved 2012-01-20
- ^ Hooper, John 27 September 2011 "Italy's bloggers to protest over 'fascist' right to reply bill" The Guardian Retrieved 6 October 2011
- ^ Official announcement English version; permanent link: https://itwikipediaorg/w/indexphptitle=Wikipedia:Comunicato_4_ottobre_2011&oldid=43934170
- ^ "Intercettazioni, Wikipedia protesta – Homepage in bianco: "Inaccettabile ddl"" la Repubblica in Italian October 4, 2011 Retrieved October 4, 2011 Archived at WebCite
- ^ "Wikipedia Hides Italian Language Edition to Protest New Law | PCWorld Business Center" Pcworldcom Retrieved 2011-10-05
- ^ "Wikipedia article traffic statistics" Statsgrokse Retrieved 2011-10-05 Archived at WebCite
- ^ https://wwwgooglecom/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gqt7W7Fn1fKrfqU1cPF0Mr6M-R3wdocId=CNGc05571d1da8b533f5fbbc6407b4da20d1b1
- ^ MediaWiki:Sitenotice"Wikipedia in lingua italiana approva ed esprime solidarietà verso la protesta dei colleghi dell'edizione in lingua russa contro una proposta di legge in discussione alla Duma di Stato Tale proposta di legge, se approvata, permetterebbe al governo russo di creare una blacklist per impedire l'accesso a determinati siti internet, al pari del Great Firewall cinese"
- ^ it:Wikipedia:Comunicato 24 ottobre 2012/en
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Italian Wikipedia|
|Italian edition of Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia|
american italian wikipedia, dago italian wikipedia, is marlon brando italian wikipedia, italian wikipedia, italian wikipedia italy, jamie's italian wikipedia, sophia loren italian wikipedia, the italian wikipedia, was st patrick italian wikipedia
Italian Wikipedia Information about
Italian Wikipedia viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.