Interstitiuminterstitium, interstitium new organ
The interstitium is a contiguous fluid-filled space existing between the skin and the body organs, including muscles and the circulatory system
The fluid in this space is called interstitial fluid or lymph, which is composed of extracellular fluid and its solutes The interstitial compartment is composed of connective and supporting tissues within the body – called the extracellular matrix – that are situated outside the blood and lymphatic vessels and the parenchyma of organs
- 1 Structure
- 2 Functions
- 3 Research
- 4 References
The morphology of the interstitium is composed of collagen types I, III, and V, elastin, and glycosaminoglycans, such as hyaluronate and proteoglycans that are cross-linked to form a honeycomb-like reticulum Such structural components exist both for the general interstitium of the body, and within individual organs, such as the heart and kidney
The interstitial fluid is a reservoir and transportation system for nutrients and solutes distributing among organs, cells, and capillaries, for signaling molecules communicating between cells, and for antigens and cytokines participating in immune regulation The composition and chemical properties of the interstitial fluid vary among organs and undergo changes in chemical composition during normal function, as well as during body growth, conditions of inflammation, and development of diseases, as in heart failure and chronic kidney disease
The total fluid volume of the interstitium during health is about 20% of body weight, but this space is dynamic and may change in volume and composition during immune responses and in conditions such as cancer, and specifically within the interstitium of tumors The amount of interstitial fluid varies from about 50% of the tissue weight in skin to about 10% in skeletal muscle
Preliminary research of the interstitium in people with lung diseases, heart disease, cancer, kidney disease, immune disorders, and periodontal disease indicates that the interstitial fluid and lymph system are sites where disease mechanisms may arise or develop
In 2018 research, the interstitium of bile duct tissue was studied using confocal laser endomicroscopy and fluorescein injection A microscopic subcompartment of the interstitial space, having a depth of 60–70 micrometres 00024–00028 in and filled with lymph, was reported as draining into lymph nodes, and was structurally supported by a network of collagen
- ^ Bert JL; Pearce RH 1984 The interstitium and microvascular exchange In: Handbook of Physiology The Cardiovascular System Microcirculation sect 2; pt 1; chapt 12; vol IV ed Bethesda, MD: American Physiological Society pp 521–547 ISBN 0683072021
- ^ a b c d e f g h i Wiig, H; Swartz, M A 2012 "Interstitial fluid and lymph formation and transport: Physiological regulation and roles in inflammation and cancer" Physiological Reviews 92 3: 1005–60 doi:101152/physrev000372011 PMID 22811424
- ^ a b c Benias, Petros C; Wells, Rebecca G; Sackey-Aboagye, Bridget; Klavan, Heather; Reidy, Jason; Buonocore, Darren; Miranda, Markus; Kornacki, Susan; Wayne, Michael 2018-03-27 "Structure and Distribution of an Unrecognized Interstitium in Human Tissues" Scientific Reports 8 1 doi:101038/s41598-018-23062-6 ISSN 2045-2322
- ^ a b Scallan J; Huxley VH; Korthuis RJ 2010 The Interstitium In: Capillary Fluid Exchange: Regulation, Functions, and Pathology San Rafael, CA: Morgan & Claypool Life Sciences
- ^ a b c Eckhouse SR; Spinale FG 2012 "Changes in the myocardial interstitium and contribution to the progression of heart failure" Heart Fail Clin 8 1: 7–20 doi:101016/jhfc201108012 PMC 3227393 PMID 22108723
- ^ a b c Zeisberg, M; Kalluri, R 2015 "Physiology of the Renal Interstitium" Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology 10 10: 1831–1840 doi:102215/CJN00640114 PMC 4594057
- ^ Berggreen, E; Wiig, H 2014 "Lymphatic function and responses in periodontal disease" Experimental Cell Research 325 2: 130–7 doi:101016/jyexcr201312006 PMID 24503053
|This article needs additional or more specific categories Please help out by adding categories to it so that it can be listed with similar articles March 2018|
interstitium, interstitium acupuncture, interstitium histology, interstitium kidney, interstitium meaning, interstitium new organ, interstitium of the lung, interstitium pictures, interstitium pronunciation, interstitium pulmonaire
Interstitium Information about
Interstitium viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.