International Road Assessment Programmeinternational road assessment programme, international road assessment programmer
The International Road Assessment Programme or iRAP assesses roads all over the world and aims to significantly reduce road casualties by improving the safety of road infrastructure
iRAP was formed in 2006 as an umbrella organisation for EuroRAP, usRAP and AusRAP and also to facilitate work in middle and low income countries
In 2006 and 2007 four pilot studies in Malaysia, Chile, Costa Rica and South Africa have been undertaken These studies showed that road assessment is also helpful in developing countries High-risk roads where large numbers are killed or seriously injured are inspected and affordable programmes of safety engineering are identified As the percentage of vulnerable road users, like pedestrians and two-wheelers among the road deaths is high in those countries, iRAP focuses on measures to improve road design especially for these users
The pilot studies have been supported by national motoring organisations, authorities and by teams that have been formed as part of EuroRAP, usRAP and AusRAP
- 46% of road deaths are pedestrians and 10% are cyclists 2004 source: iRAP
- usRAP team coordinates the work in Chile
- regional team consists of ACCHI Chilean Automobile Club, AAAFTS American Automobile Association Foundation for Traffic Safety, MRI Midwest Research Institute, ISU Iowa State University, RACC Spanish Automobile Club
- 2500 km of roads have been inspected 18% of paved national roads
- inspections included 6 of 13 regions in Chile
- 57% of road deaths are pedestrians 2005 source: iRAP
- usRAP team coordinates the work in Costa Rica
- regional team consists of ACCR Automobile Club Costa Rica, AAAFTS American Automobile Association Foundation for Traffic Safety, MRI Midwest Research Institute, ISU Iowa State University, RACC Spanish Automobile Club
- project supported by Cosevi Road Safety Council and by the Ministry of Public Works and Transportation
- 2500 km of roads have been inspected 58% of paved national highway network
- parts of the Pan American Highway Routes 1 and 2 from Nicaragua to Panama has been included in the inspections
- 66% of road deaths are motorcyclists 2006 source: iRAP
- AusRAP team coordinates the work in Malaysia
- regional team consists of AAM Automobile Association Malaysia, JKJR Road Safety Department, AAA Australian Automobile Association, ARRB Group
- project supported by Ministry of Works and Ministry of Transport, JKR Public Works Department, LLM Malaysian Highway Authority, MIROS Malaysian Institute of Road Safety Research, JPJ Malaysian Road Transport Department, Royal Malaysian Police, PLUS & MTD Toll road operators, UPM Universiti Putra Malaysia, IKRAM Institut Kerja Raya Malaysia
- over 3000 km of roads have been inspected 5% of Malaysia's paved roads
- Express Tollway E1, E2, E8 and Federal Roads F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F8, F67, F68, F76 have been inspected
- 42% of road deaths are pedestrians 2006 source: iRAP
- EuroRAP team coordinates the work together with ADAC
- regional team consists of AASA Automobile Association South Africa, TRL Transport Research Laboratory, ADAC and SWECO
- 2100 km of roads in Kwazulu-Natal have been inspected 4% of South Africa's paved roads
- EuroRAP official homepage
- iRAP International Road Assessment Programme
- AusRAP Australian Road Assessment Programme
- usRAP United States Road Assessment Programme
- Make Roads Safe Campaign
international road assessment programme, international road assessment programmer
International Road Assessment Programme Information about
International Road Assessment Programme
International Road Assessment Programme
International Road Assessment Programme viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.