Indians in Bruneijobs for indians in brunei, people in brunei are called
Indians in Brunei consist of expatriate professionals and permanent settlers from India to Brunei According to the Government of India, there are 10,000 Indians living and working in the country2
- 1 History
- 2 Employment
- 3 Ethnicity and Religion
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Indians in Brunei have had a notable presence in the country since the colonial days, however there are records from the Europeans who visited the region that there were people from the Indian Subcontinent already living there prior to European colonisation3 According to United Nations statistics, the Indian population was counted in the Brunei census since the year of 1947 In 1971, Indians made up 16% of the population4
The number of Indian nationals working in Brunei had increased since 20095 There are many Indian doctors and engineers working in Brunei and there are others working in the education sector, both at school and university or college level as professors and teachers as well as research personnel
Other areas where Indians are employed include IT, oil and gas and mercantile6
Ethnicity and Religionedit
Ethnic Tamils form the majority group of Indians in Brunei The Indian community of Brunei consists of Muslims, Hindus, Christians and Sikhs Islam is the dominant religion amongst the Indian community however Hinduism also forms a significant portion of the belief systems amongst the Indians7 Brunei's 50-year-old Hindu Welfare Board functions as a Hindu religious organisation with approximately 3000 members and there are two small Hindu temples in the country8 The Sikh community consists of 500 people
- Malaysian Indian
- Indian Indonesians
- Hinduism in Brunei
- Brunei–India relations
- ^ Indian Diaspora in Brunei
- ^ Government, Indi 2012 PDF: 4 http://moiagovin/writereaddata/pdf/NRISPIOS-Data15-06-12newpdf Missing or empty |title= help
- ^ Sandhu, K S; Mani, A 1993-01-01 Indian Communities in Southeast Asia First Reprint 2006 Institute of Southeast Asian Studies ISBN 9789812304186
- ^ "United Nations Statistics Division - Demographic and Social Statistics" unstatsunorg Retrieved 2016-03-27
- ^ "India sees prospects for work in Brunei's education sector", The Brunei Times, 12 October 2011
- ^ "Indian community celebrates Tamil New Year", brunei fm!, 21 April 2010
- ^ Orr, Tamra 2009-01-01 Brunei Marshall Cavendish ISBN 9780761431213
- ^ "Religious Life and Institutions in Brunei", ISIM Newsletter, 27 September 2010
- The Indian Association of Belait
indians in brunei, jobs for indians in brunei, people in brunei, people in brunei are called
Indians in Brunei Information about
Indians in Brunei
Indians in Brunei
Indians in Brunei viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Random Posts (searchxengine.com)
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.