Immune compleximmune complex mediated hypersensitivity, immune complex disease
An immune complex, sometimes called an antigen-antibody complex, is a molecule formed from the integral binding of an antibody to a soluble antigen1 The bound antigen and antibody act as a unitary object, effectively an antigen of its own with a specific epitope After an antigen-antibody reaction, the immune complexes can be subject to any of a number of responses, including complement deposition, opsonization,2 phagocytosis, or processing by proteases Red blood cells carrying CR1-receptors on their surface may bind C3b-coated immune complexes and transport them to phagocytes, mostly in liver and spleen, and return to the general circulation
Immune complexes may themselves cause illness when they are deposited in organs, for example, in certain forms of vasculitis This is the third form of hypersensitivity in the Gell-Coombs classification, called type III hypersensitivity3 Such hypersensitivity progressing to disease states produces the immune complex diseases
Immune complex deposition is a prominent feature of several autoimmune diseases, including systemic lupus erythematosus, cryoglobulinemia, rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma and Sjögren's syndrome45
- ^ Cush, John; Kavanaugh, Arthur; Stein, Charles 2005 Rheumatology: Diagnosis and Therapeutics Lippincott Williams & Wilkins p 78 ISBN 9780781757324
- ^ Goldsby, Richard 2002 Immunology Macmillan p 381 ISBN 9780716749479
- ^ Barret, James 1980 Basic Immunology and its Medical Application 2 ed StLouis: The CV Mosby Company ISBN 0-8016-0495-8
- ^ Lawley, Thomas; Moustopoulos, Haralampos 1979 "Demonstration of Circulating Immune Complexes in Sjögren's Syndrome" Journal of Immunology The American Association of Immunologists 123 3: 1382–7 PMID 469255
- ^ Wallace, Daniel, ed 2004 The New Sjogren's Syndrome Handbook Oxford University Press p 68 ISBN 9780198038481
|This immunology article is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
immune complex, immune complex assay, immune complex deposition, immune complex disease, immune complex disorder, immune complex glomerulonephritis, immune complex mediated disease, immune complex mediated hypersensitivity, immune complex nephritis, immune complex vasculitis
Immune complex Information about
Immune complex viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.