Hygromycin Bhygromycin b, hygromycin b for chickens
Hygromycin B is an antibiotic produced by the bacterium Streptomyces hygroscopicus It is an aminoglycoside that kills bacteria, fungi and higher eukaryotic cells by inhibiting protein synthesis
- 1 History
- 2 Mechanism of action
- 3 Use in research
- 31 Use in Plant research
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Hygromycin B was originally developed in the 1950s for use with animals and is still added into swine and chicken feed as an anthelmintic or anti-worming agent product name: Hygromix Hygromycin B is produced by Streptomyces hygroscopicus, a bacterium isolated in 1953 from a soil sample Resistance genes were discovered in the early 1980s
Mechanism of action
Hygromycin is active against both prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells It acts by inhibiting polypeptide synthesis It stabilizes the tRNA-ribosomal acceptor site, thereby inhibiting translation
Use in research
In the laboratory it is used for the selection and maintenance of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells that contain the hygromycin resistance gene The resistance gene is a kinase that inactivates hygromycin B through phosphorylation Since the discovery of hygromycin-resistance genes, hygromycin B has become a standard selection antibiotic in gene transfer experiments in many prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells Based on impurity monitor method, four different kinds of impurities are discovered in commercial hygromycin B from different suppliers and toxicities of different impurities to the cell lines are described in the following external links
Use in Plant research
Hygromycin resistance gene is frequently used as a selectable marker in research on plants In rice Agrobacterium-mediated transformation system, hygromycin is used at about 30–75 mg L−1, with an average of 50 mg L−1 The use of hygromycin at 50 mg L−1 demonstrated highly toxic to non-transformed calli Thus, it can be efficiently used to select transformants
- ^ McGuire, Pettinger 1953, "Hygromycin I Preliminary studies on the production and biological activity of a new antibiotic", Antibiot Chemother, 3: 1268–1278
- ^ Davies, Gritz; Davies, J 1983, "Plasmid-encoded hygromycin B resistance: the sequence of hygromycin B phosphotransferase gene and its expression in Escherichia coli and Saccharomyces cerevisiae", Gene, 25 2-3: 179–88, doi:101016/0378-11198390223-8, PMID 6319235
- ^ Burgett, Kaster; Burgett, SG; Rao, RN; Ingolia, TD 1983, "Analysis of a bacterial hygromycin B resistance gene by transcriptional and translational fusions and by DNA sequencing", Nucleic Acids Res, 11 19: 6895–911, doi:101093/nar/11196895, PMC 326422 , PMID 6314265
- ^ Rao RN, Allen NE, Hobbs JN, Alborn WE, Kirst HA, Paschal JW 1983, "Genetic and enzymatic basis of hygromycin B resistance in Escherichia coli", Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, 24 5: 689–95, doi:101128/aac245689, PMC 185926 , PMID 6318654
- ^ Kauffman, John 2009, "Analytical Strategies for Monitoring Residual Impurities Best methods to monitor product-related impurities throughout the production process", BioPharm International, 23: 1–3
- ^ Pazuki, A; Asghari, J; Sohani, M; Pessarakli, M & Aflaki, F 2014 "Effects of Some Organic Nitrogen Sources and Antibiotics on Callus Growth of Indica Rice Cultivars" PDF Journal of Plant Nutrition 38 8: 1231–1240 doi:101080/019041672014983118 Retrieved November 17, 2014
- Hygromycin B, hygromycinnet
- Hygromycin B EvoPure, hygromycin-evopurecom
hygromycin b, hygromycin b for chickens, hygromycin b invitrogen, hygromycin b msds, hygromycin b phosphotransferase, hygromycin b resistance in micro algae, hygromycin b selection, hygromycin b stock solution, hygromycin b wormer, hygromycin b-cell culture
Hygromycin B Information about
Hygromycin B viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.