Hill, New Hampshirehill new hampshire real estate listings, hill new hampshire police
Hill is a town in Merrimack County, New Hampshire, United States The population was 1,089 at the 2010 census1
- 1 History
- 2 Geography
- 3 Demographics
- 4 Schools
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Originally granted as New Chester in 1753, the town took the name Hill in 1837 in honor of Isaac Hill,2 governor of New Hampshire from 1836 to 1839 To accommodate the construction of the Franklin Falls Dam, the village of Hill was relocated in 19413
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 269 square miles 697 km2, of which 267 sq mi 692 km2 is land and 02 sq mi 05 km2 is water, comprising 060% of the town The highest point in town is Dickinson Hill,4 with an approximate elevation of 1,910 feet 580 m above sea level Hill lies fully within the Merrimack River watershed5
|US Decennial Census7|
As of the census8 of 2000, there were 992 people, 382 households, and 271 families residing in the town The population density was 371 people per square mile 143/km² There were 436 housing units at an average density of 163 per square mile 63/km² The racial makeup of the town was 9899% White, 010% African American, 010% Native American, 040% Asian, 010% Pacific Islander, and 030% from two or more races Hispanic or Latino of any race were 020% of the population
There were 382 households out of which 330% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 579% were married couples living together, 84% had a female householder with no husband present, and 288% were non-families 212% of all households were made up of individuals and 81% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older The average household size was 260 and the average family size was 301
In the town, the population was spread out with 267% under the age of 18, 61% from 18 to 24, 313% from 25 to 44, 257% from 45 to 64, and 102% who were 65 years of age or older The median age was 39 years For every 100 females there were 1024 males For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 1008 males
The median income for a household in the town was $48,333, and the median income for a family was $50,000 Males had a median income of $32,120 versus $24,313 for females The per capita income for the town was $21,004 About 29% of families and 42% of the population were below the poverty line, including 12% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over
Hill has one school, Jennie D Blake Elementary School, which serves students in kindergarten through sixth grade The school was named for Jennie Lind Dickerson Blake, a Hill resident who was born on July 16, 1878 As of 2017, 68 students were enrolled in the school
- ^ United States Census Bureau, American FactFinder, 2010 Census figures Retrieved March 23, 2011
- ^ Gannett, Henry 1905 The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States Govt Print Off p 156
- ^ John F Coggswell, "New Home Town" Saturday Evening Post, 14 Feb 1942, p 22-23, 44, 46
- ^ US Board on Geographic Names, Geographic Names Information System
- ^ Foster, Debra H; Batorfalvy, Tatianna N; Medalie, Laura 1995 Water Use in New Hampshire: An Activities Guide for Teachers US Department of the Interior and US Geological Survey
- ^ "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015" Archived from the original on June 2, 2016 Retrieved July 2, 2016
- ^ "Census of Population and Housing" Censusgov Archived from the original on May 12, 2015 Retrieved June 4, 2016
- ^ "American FactFinder" United States Census Bureau Retrieved 2008-01-31
- Town of Hill official website
- New Hampshire Economic and Labor Market Information Bureau Profile
|Adjacent places of Hill, New Hampshire|
|County seat: Concord|
|Footnotes||‡This populated place also has portions in an adjacent county or counties|
hill new hampshire, hill new hampshire map, hill new hampshire police, hill new hampshire real estate, hill new hampshire real estate listings
Hill, New Hampshire Information about
Hill, New Hampshire
Hill, New Hampshire
Hill, New Hampshire viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.