Hexagon Househexagon house bed and breakfast, hexagon house
Hexagon House is a historic home in Winchester, Virginia built between 1871 and 1873 and is a two-story, hexagon floor-plan, brick dwelling, with semi-hexagonal ground-floor projections and an ornate three-bay veranda-style porch on the principal façade It has a central chimney and is topped by dark red, low-pitched roofs extending to substantial white cornicing
Completed in 1873 by architect Brice Leatherman for James W Burgess in a style designed to open up interior space and let in more natural light Even rarer than octagon houses built on similar principles
It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1987
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Winchester, Virginia
- ^ a b "National Register Information System" National Register of Historic Places National Park Service July 9, 2010mw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-right
- ^ "Virginia Landmarks Register" Virginia Department of Historic Resources Retrieved 19 March 2013
- ^ Richard C Cote and Division of Historic Landmarks Staff 1987 "National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Hexagon House" PDF Virginia Department of Historic Resources and Accompanying photo
- ^ "The Hexagon House: 530 Amherst Street" Preservation of Historic Winchester, Inc Archived from the original on 29 August 2013 Retrieved 20 May 2012
- Media related to Hexagon House at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a property in Winchester, Virginia on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it|
hexagon house, hexagon house at bard college, hexagon house bed and breakfast, hexagon house decorations, hexagon house hotel, hexagon house in fancy gap, hexagon house kits, hexagon house over garage, hexagon house plans, hexagon house shapes
Hexagon House Information about
Hexagon House viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.