Henryk Iwaniechenryk iwaniec, henryk iwaniec riemann ams 2014
Henryk Iwaniec born October 9, 1947 is a Polish American mathematician, and since 1987 a professor at Rutgers University
- 1 Background and education
- 2 Work
- 3 Awards and honors
- 4 Publications
- 5 References
- 6 Further reading
- 7 External links
Background and education
Iwaniec studied at the University of Warsaw, where he got his PhD in 1972 under Andrzej Schinzel He then held positions at the Institute of Mathematics of the Polish Academy of Sciences until 1983 when he left Poland He held visiting positions at the Institute for Advanced Study, University of Michigan, and University of Colorado Boulder before being appointed Professor of Mathematics at Rutgers University He is a citizen of both Poland and the United States
He and mathematician Tadeusz Iwaniec are twin brothers
Iwaniec studies both sieve methods and deep complex-analytic techniques, with an emphasis on the theory of automorphic forms and harmonic analysis
In 1997, Iwaniec and John Friedlander proved that there are infinitely many prime numbers of the form a2 + b4 Results of this strength had previously been seen as completely out of reach: sieve theory—used by Iwaniec and Friedlander in combination with other techniques—cannot usually distinguish between primes and products of two primes, say
In 2001 Iwaniec was awarded the seventh Ostrowski Prize The prize citation read, in part, "Iwaniec's work is characterized by depth, profound understanding of the difficulties of a problem, and unsurpassed technique He has made deep contributions to the field of analytic number theory, mainly in modular forms on GL2 and sieve methods"
Awards and honors
He became a fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences in 1995 He was awarded the fourteenth Frank Nelson Cole Prize in Number Theory in 2002 In 2006, he became a member of the National Academy of Science He received the Leroy P Steele Prize for Mathematical Exposition in 2011 In 2012 he became a fellow of the American Mathematical Society In 2015 he was awarded the Shaw Prize in Mathematics
- Iwaniec, Henryk 1997 Topics in Classical Automorphic Forms Providence: American Mathematical Society ISBN 978-0-8218-0777-4
- Iwaniec, Henryk 2002 Spectral Methods of Automorphic Forms 2nd ed Providence: American Mathematical Society ISBN 978-0-8218-3160-1
- Iwaniec, Henryk; Emmanuel Kowalski 2004 Analytic Number Theory Providence: American Mathematical Society ISBN 978-0-8218-3633-0
- Iwaniec, Henryk; J B Friedlander; D R Heath-Brown; J Kaczorowski 2006 Analytic Number Theory: Lectures Given at the CIME Summer School Held in Cetraro, Italy, July 11–18, 2002 Berlin: Springer ISBN 978-3-540-36363-7
- Friedlander, John; Iwaniec, Henryk 2010 Opera de Cribro Providence: American Mathematical Society ISBN 978-0-8218-4970-5
- ^ "2002 Cole Prize in Number Theory" PDF Notices of the American Mathematical Society Providence: American Mathematical Society 49 4: 476–478 April 2002 ISSN 0002-9920
- ^ Friedlander, John; Iwaniec, Henryk 1997 "Using a parity-sensitive sieve to count prime values of a polynomial" PNAS 94 4: 1054–1058 Bibcode:1997PNAS941054F doi:101073/pnas9441054 MR 0432648 PMC 19742 PMID 11038598
- ^ Friedlander, John; Iwaniec, Henryk 1998 "The polynomial X2 + Y4 captures its primes" PDF Annals of Mathematics 148 3: 945–1040 arXiv:math/9811185 doi:102307/121034 JSTOR 121034 MR 1670065
- ^ a b "Iwaniec, Sarnak, and Taylor Receive Ostrowski Prize"
- ^ List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2013-01-26
- ^ Shaw Prize 2015
- Cipra, Barry A 1998 "Sieving Prime Numbers From Thin Ore" Science 279 5347: 31 Bibcode:1998Sci27931C doi:101126/science279534731
- Henryk Iwaniec at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- "Henryk Iwaniec's results" International Mathematical Olympiad
henryk iwaniec, henryk iwaniec riemann ams 2014
Henryk Iwaniec Information about
Henryk Iwaniec viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.