Helmuth Brücknerhelmuth brückner
Helmuth Brückner 7 May 1896 - 12 January 1951 was a Gauleiter of the National Socialist German Workers Party NSDAP from 1925 until 1934, when he fell out of political favor
- 1 Life
- 2 Decorations and awards
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Helmuth Brückner was born on 7 May 1896 in Peilau Prussia He attended Volkschule in Peilau, Höhere Knabenschule in Langenbielau, and Kgl Realgymnasium in Reichenbach He then studied at Friederich-Wilhelm-Universität in Breslau
In 1914, Brückner volunteered for the Army and was posted with the Feld-Artillerie-Regiment 88 where he won the Iron Cross 2nd and 1st Class as Leutnant der Reserve and Abteilung-Adjutant On 25 March 1918 he was seriously wounded while in France In 1921 he was Ib–Gruppe Nord with the Deutschen Selbstschutz Freikorps in Oberschlesien
In 1924, Brückner joined the National Socialist Freedom Movement the NSDAP had been banned after the failed “Beer Hall Putsch” in 1923 and became editor of Schlesien Volksstimme He also became Stadtverordneter in Breslau, a position he held until 1926
Brückner organized the NSDAP in Silesia; on 15 March 1925 he officially joined the refounded NSDAP number 2 023 and was appointed Gauleiter for Silesia In September 1930 he became a member of the Reichstag for Wroclaw Wkr8, and on 24 April 1932 he became a member of the Preußischen Lantags On 17 August 1932 Brückner was named Kommissar Ost der NSDAP It was at this time he also founded the publishing house NS-Schlesien which published the “Schlesischen Beobachters”
On 12 March 1933 Brückner became Provinzial-Landtagsabgeordneter, Kreistagsabgeordneter and Stadtverordneter On 25 March 1933 he became a Preußischen Staatsrat and the Oberpräsident in Wroclaw while simultaneously being given temporary authority of Oberpräsident in Opole On 7 October 1933 he became SA-Gruppenführer
He was accused of homosexual activity under Paragraph 175, but he argued that he was bisexual, and that his mutual masturbation with another officer was a normal activity, and was not immediately convicted However, on 25 December 1934 he was expelled from the NSDAP and dismissed as Gauleiter in connection with the "Röhm Putsch"
From 1938, Brückner was working as an industrial worker in the Heinkel works in Rostock He was politically rehabilitated
Arrested by the Soviets in July 1945, he was confined in a prison camp in Thuringia until 1949, then moved to the USSR where he was also in various internment camps Official sources give his year of death as both 1951 and 1954, and appear to hide the date and place
Decorations and awards
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918
- Wound Badge
- Iron Cross of 1914, 1st and 2nd class
- Silesian Eagle, 1st and 2nd class
- ^ Giles, Geoffery J "Why Bother About Homosexuals Homophobia and Sexual Politics in Nazi Germany" PDF US Holocaust Memorial Museummw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-rightmw-parser-output citation mw-selflink
- “Reichstags-Handbuch VIIIWahlperiode 1933” Berlin: Druck und Verlag der Reichsdruckerei, p 107
- Gauleiter: The Regional Leaders Of The Nazi Party And Their Deputies, 1925-1945 Herbert Albrecht-H Wilhelm Huttmann-Volume 1 by Michael D Miller and Andreas Schulz R James Bender Publishing, 2012
Helmuth Brückner Information about
Helmuth Brückner viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.