Haute Randonnée Pyrénéennehaute randonnée pyrénéenne
The Haute Randonnée Pyrénéenne HRP is a high level long-distance trail in the Pyrenees joining the Atlantic and Mediterranean It mostly follows the approximate French and Spanish border and passes through Andorra
Like the GR 10 and the GR 11, the path travels the length of the Pyrenees from coast to coast However, where the GR 10 and GR 11 stick mainly to lower routes and mountain passes on the French and Spanish sides of the border respectively, the HRP follows a high course through the mountains and cols, frequently crossing the border to follow the highest walkable route It is mostly an unmarked trail although the typical paths are sometimes marked by cairns of stones or small red and white painted marks It is usually done from west to east, which takes about 45 days to complete for an experienced hiker It crosses the Parc National des Pyrenées and the Parc nacional d'Aigüestortes i Sant Maurici Many variations on the original route proposed by Georges Veron are possible and described in the guidebook, as well as some easy summits Aneto, Vignemale There are some popular and crowded places on the trail, but also very remote areas, where it can take a day before you see someone In these areas it can be several days between huts, so it is necessary to carry a tent The HRP crosses the Way of St James El Camino de Santiago on the Col d'Ibañeta, near Roncevaux
Like the GR 10, the HRP begins at Hendaye on the Atlantic coast and finishes at Banyuls-sur-Mer on the Mediterranean
The HRP was devised by Georges Véron in 1968 Joosten's published version of the route deviates substantially from Véron's and both offer variants to their main itineraries A digital gpx version of Joosten's guide, improved and expanded, can be obtained from wwwhrpguideorg with all proceeds going to a Himalayan earthquake relief fund
- Georges Véron, Pyrenees: High Level Route, Goring, West Col Productions, 1991 mw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-rightISBN 0-906227-48-8
- Ton Joosten, Pyrenean Haute Route, Cicerone Press, 2004 ISBN 1-85284-426-4
- Ton Joosten, Pyrenean Haute Route, Second Edition, Cicerone Press, 2009 ISBN 9781852845551
- hrp2011blogspotcom – Chronicles a full HRP hike in 24 days, including photos and Google maps
- A detailed trip report of a thru-hike on the HRP including a GPX file of the route
|This article related to geography of France is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it|
|This Spain location article is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it|
haute randonnée pyrénéenne
Haute Randonnée Pyrénéenne Information about
Haute Randonnée Pyrénéenne
Haute Randonnée Pyrénéenne
Haute Randonnée Pyrénéenne viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.