Hans Schemmhans schemm kaserne, hans schemm
Hans Schemm 6 October 1891 in Bayreuth – 5 March 1935 in Bayreuth was a Gauleiter in Nazi Germany
- 1 Life
- 2 Works
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Schemm, whose parents ran a shoemaker's shop, first went to a Volksschule for five years and then as of 1905 to a teachers' college In 1915 he got married; in 1917 a son was born He taught school beginning in 1910, first in Wülfersreuth, then as of 1911 in Neufang and from 1920 at the Altstadtschule "Old Town School", which was later named the Hans-Schemm-Schule, in Bayreuth During the First World War he worked at a military epidemic hospital in Bayreuth where he became infected with tuberculosis
In 1919 he belonged to the Freikorps Bayreuth, which took part in the street fighting that was common at the time among opposing political groups in Munich
On the basis of his background in bio-chemistry, Schemm became head of a bacteriological-chemical laboratory in Thale Hubertusbad After it closed in 1921 for financial reasons, Schemm returned to the classroom until 1928
Schemm's interactions with Nazi groups had begun by 1923 On September 30 of that year he first met Adolf Hitler With Hitler's quick confidence, Shemm became an assessor in the Bayreuth Völkischer Bund in 1924; and in the following year he organized the Bayreuth Nazi Ortsgruppe "Local Group" and the Nazi Gau of Upper Franconia Oberfranken
Schemm built the organization up with determination His political positions were clearly antidemocratic, anti-Semitic and anti-Communist, as can be seen in some of his quotations:
- "We are not objective – we are German!" 
- " that a Jew should dangle from every lamppost" 
In 1927, Schemm founded the National Socialist Teachers' Federation In 1928, he became a member of the Bavarian Landtag
In parliamentary elections held on 28 May 1928, the Nazis won 12 seats Schemm has been described as "perhaps the most skilled and dynamic of Franconia's Nazi leaders"
Schemm also took on the role of publicist in the late 20s: for a brief period he took over the leadership of several Nazi newspapers Streiter, Weckruf and Nationale Zeitung In April 1929, Schemm founded his own newspaper; and in August of the same year appeared in the Nationalsozialistische Lehrerzeitung "National Socialist Teachers' Newspaper", the National Socialist Teachers League's NSLB journalistic organ On 1 October 1930 came the first edition of the weekly newspaper Kampf für deutsche Freiheit und Kultur "Struggle for German Freedom and Culture", which was published by Schemm, and whose circulation rose from 3,000 in the beginning to 20,000 by 1932
In 1931, Schemm founded the Bayreuth National Socialist Cultural Publishing House Nationalsozialistischer Kulturverlag Bayreuth, which beginning on 1 October 1932 published the daily newspaper Das Fränkische Volk circulation: 10,000
In 1930, Schemm became a member of the German national parliament, the Reichstag
In 1933, the Gau of Upper Franconia, led by Schlemm, was united with the Gau of Upper Palatinate-Lower Bavaria Oberpfalz-Niederbayern to form the Gau Bayerische Ostmark Schemm kept his job as Gauleiter Furthermore, he became an SA Gruppenführer On 16 March 1933, the Reich Governor Reichsstatthalter Franz Ritter von Epp appointed Schemm to be the provisional Culture Minister Hitler then appointed him on 13 April 1933 the "Leader of Cultural and Educational Affairs of Bavaria"
In 1933, Schemm became an honorary citizen of Bayreuth
In April 1933, when Schemm arrived in Passau to attend the laying of the corner stone for the Hall of the Nibelungs, he also addressed the masses Passau honored Schemm by dedicating a street and a school to him
In March 1935 Schemm was seriously injured in an aircraft crash Although Hitler personally ordered Berlin Professor Ferdinand Sauerbruch to fly to Bayreuth, Schemm, however, succumbed to his injuries on March 5 before the professor's arrival His successor as Gauleiter was Fritz Wächtler
The Nazis posthumously honored Schemm as a publicist and educator by naming multiple schools, streets, and halls after him
- Der rote Krieg Mutter oder Genossin, 1931
- ^ Mosse, George Lachmann 1966 Nazi Culture: Intellectual, Cultural and Social Life in the Third Reich University of Wisconsin Press p xxximw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-rightmw-parser-output citation mw-selflink
- ^ Allen, Arthur 2015 The Fantastic Laboratory of Dr Weigl: How Two Brace Scientists Battled Typhus and Sabotaged the Nazis Norton
- ^ "Holocaust and Human Behavior" Chapter 4: Reading 20 Hard Times Return Retrieved 26 October 2019
- ^ Zofka, Zdenek 1988 "Between Bauernbund and National Socialism The Political Reorientation of the Peasants in the Final Phase of the Weimar Republic" In Childers, Thomas ed The Formation of the Nazi Constituency 1919-1933 Croom Helm
- ^ Anna Rosmus Hitlers Nibelungen, Samples Grafenau 2015, p 99
- ^ Anna Rosmus Hitlers Nibelungen, Samples Grafenau 2015, pp 212ff
- ^ "Schemm, Hans" verwaltungshandbuchbayerische-landesbibliothek-onlinede in German Bayerische Landesbibliothek Retrieved 20 April 2016
- Newspaper clippings about Hans Schemm in the 20th Century Press Archives of the ZBW
|Reichsstatthalter of Bavaria||
|Ministers-Presidents of Bavaria||
|Gauleiter of Bavaria||
|SS leaders of Bavaria||
hans schemm, hans schemm kaserne, hans schemm nazis, hans schemm quotes, hans schemmekes, hans schemmel
Hans Schemm Information about
Hans Schemm viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.