Hans Eisele (physician)
Hans Kurt Eisele 13 March 1913 in Donaueschingen – 3 May 1967 in Cairo was a German SS-Hauptsturmführer and concentration camp doctor
- 1 Personal life
- 2 Crimes in the concentration camps
- 3 Trials and punishment
- 4 Postwar career and escape to Egypt
- 5 Bibliography
- 6 References
The son of a church painter, Eisele came from a modest background The situation of the family worsened significantly due to inflation of currency during the twenties After attending the grammar school in Donaueschingen, he studied medicine in Freiburg in 1931 In 1933 he joined both the National Socialist German Worker's Party member number 3,125,695 and the SS member number 237,421 He was married and had three children
Crimes in the concentration camps
In January 1940, Eisele joined the Waffen-SS, transferring to Mauthausen concentration camp, and from February to August 1941 in Buchenwald concentration camp He served as a camp doctor, and murdered 300 prisoners suffering from tuberculosis He also performed experimental surgery, sometimes without anaesthesia and/or with fatal outcome; in addition, he abused and tortured patients After transferring to Natzweiler concentration camp, he joined the SS hospital in Prague in June 1942 He subsequently transferred to the SS Division Das Reich on the Eastern Front for military duty In February 1945 he was sent to Dachau concentration camp, where he served under the First Camp Physician Fritz Hintermayer He was arrested by US forces in April 1945
Trials and punishmentEisele #14 listens to an account of his crimes at the Dachau Camp trial
On 13 December 1945, Eisele was tried in the Dachau main trial for his participation in three executions for which he had issued the death certificates He was sentenced to death After commutation of the sentence to a life sentence on 11 April 1947, he was in the Buchenwald main trial, tried again and received together with twenty co-defendants the death penalty However, the basic conviction against Eisele proved dubious and uncertain, so that four of the eight military judges submitted an application that the judgment be converted by the reviewing body to a ten-year sentence, which was granted
During his detention in prison for war criminals Landsberg, he wrote an extensive defense titled Audiatur et altera pars in which he denied the allegations and represented himself as a convinced Christian, who had always been a physician only for the sake of others In contrast, numerous witnesses of his crimes were former concentration camp prisoners, and sometimes even former SS members But after another penalty reduction, Eisele, on 26 February 1952, was released from prison
Postwar career and escape to Egypt
After his release, he opened a medical practice in Munich In 1958, during the course of the trial of Martin Sommer, a guard at Buchenwald, new allegations were made against Eisele He fled to Egypt, where he settled under the pseudonym Carl Debouche in upmarket Cairo suburb Maadi
Eisele moved in the circles of former Nazi scientists in Egypt, after a German extradition request had been rejected
There was at least one assassination attempt on Eisele by Mossad, a package bomb in which the Egyptian deliverer died, but Eisele was unhurt Eisele died on 3 May 1967 in unknown circumstances in his home in Maadi, and was buried in the small German cemetery in grave No 99
- Ernst Klee: Das Personenlexikon zum Dritten Reich: Wer war was vor und nach 1945 Fischer, Frankfurt am Main 2007, mw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-rightmw-parser-output citation mw-selflinkISBN 978-3-596-16048-8
- Ernst Klee: Auschwitz, die NS-Medizin und ihre Opfer 3rd edition Fischer, Frankfurt am Main 1997, ISBN 3-596-14906-1
- Holger Lessing: Der erste Dachauer Prozess 1945/46 Nomos, Baden-Baden 1993, ISBN 3-7890-2933-5
- Case No 000-50-2 US vs Martin Gottfried Weiss et al Tried December 13, 1945
- Eichmüller, Andreas 2012 Keine Generalamnestie: die strafrechtliche Verfolgung von NS-Verbrechen in der frühen Bundesrepublik Oldenbourg Verlag p 182 ISBN 978-3-486-70412-9
- Harold Marcuse: Legacies of Dachau: The Uses and Abuses of a Concentration Camp, 1933-2001
- Buchenwald Concentration Camp, 1937-1945: A Guide to the Permanent Historical Exhibition: Wallstein Verlag, 2004
- Devin O Pendas: "The Frankfurt Auschwitz Trial, 1963-1965: Genocide, History, and the Limits of the Law" Cambridge University Press, Nov 7, 2005
- ^ "Hans Eisele physician" memimcom Retrieved 20 April 2016[permanent dead link]
- ^ "Archived copy" Archived from the original on 2014-12-18 Retrieved 2013-02-09CS1 maint: archived copy as title link
- ^ a b Fisk, Robert August 7, 2010 "Butcher of Buchenwald in an Egyptian paradise" The Independent
Hans Eisele (physician) Information about
Hans Eisele (physician)
Hans Eisele (physician)
Hans Eisele (physician) viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.