Hampton Catlinhampton catlin, holiday catalina
Hampton Catlin born 1982 is an American computer programmer, programming language inventor, gay rights advocate, and author best known as the creator of the Sass and Haml markup languages Catlin now sits as the Co-Founder and CEO of Team RareBit
- 1 Creations
- 11 Haml
- 12 Sass
- 13 Wikipedia Mobile
- 2 Personal life
- 3 References
- 4 External links
He created a lightweight markup language called Haml which he intended to be a radically different design for inline page templating systems like eRuby in Ruby Since its initial release in 2006, Haml has been in constant development and has been ported to over 10 other languages It's the second most popular templating language for the Ruby on Rails framework and has inspired many other templating languages
In 2007, Catlin created a style sheet language to expand on Cascading Style Sheets CSS, used to describe presentation semantics of web pages Catlin continued to work on Sass with co-designer Natalie Weizenbaum through 2008 Sass is now bundled as part of Rails
In 2011, he co-wrote with his husband the book "Pragmatic Guide to Sass", published through The Pragmatic Bookshelf
Catlin wrote several applications for iOS and other mobile platforms, including Dictionary!, a popular dictionary application, and a Wikipedia browsing client which was later purchased by the Wikimedia Foundation He was subsequently hired by Wikimedia and given the role as mobile development lead for the Foundation, launching the official mobile website in June 2009 The backend for the site was developed using Ruby and the Merb framework
Catlin was born in 1982 in Jacksonville, Florida and currently resides in San Francisco with his husband and collaborator, Michael Catlin
The couple made headlines in late March, 2014, for removing a simple puzzle game they had built together from the Mozilla Marketplace after Brendan Eich was appointed CEO of Mozilla Brendan Eich had previously been the center of controversy surrounding his support for Proposition 8, a ballot initiative that banned marriage equality in California, which was re-ignited by his promotion to CEO After a large public outcry and several Mozilla employees publicly calling for him to either apologize or step down, Eich declined and voluntarily stepped down only a week after taking his new position When asked if he'd donate again, Eich responded "I don't want to answer hypotheticals" In a follow up blog post, Catlin explained meeting Eich to find middle ground and expressing dismay at the response, calling the outcome a "sad victory"
- ^ a b "Beginning Rails: From Novice to Professional" Google Books Retrieved 30 August 2013
- ^ a b "Hampton Catlin" Crunchbase Retrieved 30 August 2013
- ^ "Unspace Interactive" CrunchBase Retrieved 30 August 2013
- ^ "Haml" Retrieved February 23, 2015
- ^ "The Ruby Toolbox" Retrieved February 23, 2015
- ^ "The Sass Team" sass-langcom Retrieved 30 August 2013
- ^ Cooper, Martin "Hampton Catlin on building Sass" net Future Publishing Retrieved 30 August 2013
- ^ Cooper, Peter "Rails 31 Adopts CoffeeScript, jQuery, Sass and Controversy" Ruby inside Retrieved 30 August 2013
- ^ "Pragmatic Guide to Sass" amazoncom Retrieved 30 August 2013
- ^ "Hampton Catlin" hamptoncatlincom Retrieved 30 August 2013
- ^ "Hampton Catlin" O'Reilly Media Retrieved 30 August 2013
- ^ "Meet the merbists: Hampton Catlin" Merbist Retrieved 30 August 2013
- ^ a b Cooper, Peter "Wikipedia Needs Rubyists to Flesh Out Mobile Vision" Ruby inside Retrieved 30 August 2013
- ^ "Wikimedia Mobile is Officially Launched" Wikimedia Foundation Retrieved 30 August 2013
- ^ Catlin, Hampton "Goodbye, Firefox Marketplace" Rare Bit Retrieved 31 March 2014
- ^ Fagioli, Brian "New Mozilla CEO is allegedly anti-gay marriage -- Firefox developers boycott" Beta News Retrieved 31 March 2014
- ^ Williams, Lauren C "LGBT Developers Boycott Firefox After Anti-Gay CEO Takes Office" Think Progress Retrieved 31 March 2014
- ^ Quinn, Michelle "Mozilla In Twitter-Storm Over New CEO's Support Of California's Anti-Gay Marriage Measure" Silicon Beat Retrieved 31 March 2014
- ^ Crook1, Jordan "After Supporting Prop 8, New CEO Brendan Eich Comes Under Fire From Mozilla Employees" Tech News Retrieved 31 March 2014
- ^ Drake, Sarah "Mozilla workers take to Twitter to call for CEO Eich's resignation" Upstart Business Journal Retrieved 31 March 2014
- ^ Shankland, Stephen "Exclusive: Mozilla CEO Eich says gay-marriage firestorm could hurt Firefox Q&A" CNet Retrieved 22 August 2014
- ^ Catlin, Hampton "A Sad 'Victory'" Retrieved 22 August 2014
- Official website
- http://wwwteamrarebitcom/ Team Rarebit
hampton catalina, hampton catalina phoenix, hampton catlin, holiday catalina
Hampton Catlin Information about
Hampton Catlin viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.