Hahn Horticulture Gardenhahn horticulture garden at virginia tech, hahn horticulture garden
Coordinates: 37°13′10″N 80°25′27″W / 372194°N 804243°W / 372194; -804243 Spring flowers bloom near a bridge and waterfall The multi-purpose Peggy Lee Hahn Garden Pavilion sits in the background
The Peggy Lee Hahn Horticulture Garden 7 acres, formerly the Virginia Tech Horticulture Garden, is a horticulture garden located on the Virginia Tech campus on Washington Street SW, Blacksburg, Virginia, United States The largest public garden in western Virginia, it is open daily without charge
The garden was established in 1984 by Dr Robert Lyons, Dr Richard Johnson and Robert McDuffie It was renamed in 2004 to honor Mrs Hahn and her husband, T Marshall Hahn, former president of Virginia Tech 1962-1974 All features have been built and planted by students, staff, faculty, and volunteers
Today the garden is used by students in the horticulture, landscape architecture, urban forestry, and entomology undergraduate programs More than 50 volunteer gardeners from Blacksburg, Virginia, and the surrounding area assist at the garden throughout the year Many of them fulfill their requirements with the Virginia Cooperative Extension Master Gardener program at the site
Garden features include:
- Dwarf Conifer Display
- Perennial Border— More than 90 species and cultivars
- Pond — Japanese maples with beds of tender annuals
- Shade Beds — natives and unusual woody plants from Asia and Europe
- Stream Garden — over 20 species of bog and aquatic plants
- Trident Maple Allee — Maples underplanted with perennials and annuals
- Wisteria Arbor — wisteria and climbing hydrangea
- Xeriscape Area
A waterfall empties into a pond at the garden
Fall foliage lines the pond
A sculpture by Frank Lloyd Wright greets garden visitors interested in seeing the April flowers
Orange and maroon-clad Virginia Tech students and community members tour the garden and pavilion
- List of botanical gardens in the United States
- Virginia Tech
- ^ Greiner, Lori 2006-06-16 "Virginia Tech dedicates new garden pavilion in honor of Peggy Lee Hahn" Virginia Tech News Archived from the original on 2010-05-04 Retrieved 2009-02-04
- ^ Greiner, Lori 2010-04-19 "Hahn Horticulture Garden offers something new with each visit" Virginia Tech News Retrieved 2010-04-20
- Hahn Horticulture Garden
- Hahn Horticulture Garden offers something new with each visit - Virginia Tech spotlight on impact
|Located in: Blacksburg, Virginia|
hahn horticulture garden, hahn horticulture garden at virginia tech, hahn horticulture garden blacksburg va, hahn horticulture garden gala, hahn horticulture garden map, hahn horticulture garden sale, hahn horticulture garden virginia tech, hahn horticulture garden wedding, hahn horticulture gardens
Hahn Horticulture Garden Information about
Hahn Horticulture Garden
Hahn Horticulture Garden
Hahn Horticulture Garden viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.