Gustaw Przeczek Polish pronunciation: ; 30 May 1913 – 21 February 1974 was a Polish writer, poet, teacher and activist from the Zaolzie region of Cieszyn Silesia
He was born in a large coal miner's family in the village of Łazy which lies in the coal basin He graduated from schools in Orłowa and Łazy and in 1933 from a teachers' seminary in Ostrava Przeczek later taught as a teacher in Polish schools in Bystrzyca and Łazy
During World War II he was arrested during mass arrests of Polish intelligentsia and in 1940-1945 incarcerated in Dachau and KL Gusen I concentration camp In the latter camp Przeczek was forced to quarry granite in Gusen and Kastenhofen stone pits
After the war he administered a Polish school in Orłowa and in 1951-1970 was a director of the Polish elementary school in Trzyniec Przeczek leaned towards communism and in 1954-1960 was a member of the National Assembly of Czechoslovakia from the Communist Party He was there a member of the Cultural Committee He was also active in several cultural and literary organizations, most notably the Polish Cultural and Educational Union and its Literary-Artistic Section Przeczek edited and contributed to Polish magazines for children Jutrzenka and Ogniwo, and wrote several textbooks for Polish schools in Czechoslovakia He was also a member of Polish editorial staff of the Profil publishing house in Ostrava
Przeczek wrote poetry, prose and also plays His literary work is influenced by his incarceration in Nazi concentration camps In KL Gusen I Mauthausen Przeczek met other poets, Poles Konstanty Ćwierk, Mieczysław Paszkiewicz, Grzegorz Timofiejew and Zdzisław Wróblewski; and Czech Raimund Habřina They wrote poems on a paper from cement bags; these poems spread among inmates and were recited Przeczek's first works after his return focused on the life in the concentration camp He published his camp poems in 1946 in the poetry collection Serce na kolczastych drutach Heart on the Barbed Wire, his experiences from the camp were published in 1948 in the book Kamienna Golgota Stony Golgotha
Przeczek's motive of hard labour in the concentration camp can be observed from the fragment of Z lagrowej ulicy From the Camp Street poem from his poetry collection Serce na kolczastych drutach Heart on the Barbed Wire:mw-parser-output templatequotemw-parser-output templatequote templatequotecite The stick strikes bent over back till it bleeds, Heavy boot kicks in the belly - You're a dog and mean as much as a number, Your hands, tied up with a barb wire You risk a horrific death daily, Deadly gas knocks you off your feet, You're a lost soul - in perpetual hunger The smoke had swallowed the good God— Gustaw Przeczek
Gustaw Przeczek died on 21 February 1974 in a hospital in Hradec Králové during a heart operation and is buried in Trzyniec
- Serce na kolczastych drutach 1946 - poetry collection
- Złota wolność 1947 - play
- Kamienna Golgota 1948
- Ondraszek 1948 - play
- Powiew wolności 1948 - play
- Drogi i ścieżki 1958 - poetry collection
- Tędy szła śmierć 1969 - novel
- Odnajdywanie siebie 1976 - short stories collection
- ^ Sikora 1993, 23
- ^ "Národní shromáždění republiky Československé 1954 - 1960 - Výbory" Společná česko-slovenská digitální parlamentní knihovnamw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-rightmw-parser-output citation mw-selflink
- ^ Sikora 1993, 24
- ^ Przeczek 1946, 61
- Przeczek, Gustaw 1946 Serce na kolczastych drutach Český Těšín: nakład własny OCLC 85418788
- Radłowska-Obrusnik, Martyna; Otylia Toboła 1997 Leksykon PZKO Czeski Cieszyn: Zarząd Główny PZKO OCLC 189531468
- Sikora, Władysław 1993 Pisarze Zaolzia Czeski Cieszyn: Wydawnictwo Olza przy Radzie Polaków OCLC 233485106
Gustaw Przeczek Information about
Gustaw Przeczek viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.