Google Sidewikigoogle side wiki, how to remove google side wiki
Google Sidewiki was a web annotation tool from Google, launched in September 2009 and discontinued in December 2011 Sidewiki was a browser extension that allowed anyone logged into a Google Account to make and view comments about a given website in a sidebar Despite the name, the tool was not a collaborative wiki, though the comments were editable by the author
- 1 Function
- 2 Shutdown
- 3 Reception
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Google used ranking algorithms to determine comment relevancy and usefulness, using criteria such as users voting up and down a comment, and past user contributions Anyone could look up a contributor's Google profile and assess their credibility Caesar Sengupta of Google argued that the link to Google Profiles would help increase comment quality, because "People stop making trivial comments when it ties back to them" Website owners could "claim" their site, giving them the right to the first comment on the Sidewiki for that site Sidewiki also linked to "relevant posts from blogs and other sources", a feature that was potentially gameable Sidewiki was available for Internet Explorer and Firefox through Google Toolbar, and on the Google Chrome browser through an add-on For other browsers like Safari, it was available as a third-party bookmarklet Comments could be shared via a link, email, Twitter, or Facebook, and an API was available for developers
In September 2011, Google announced it would discontinue a number of its products, including Google Sidewiki
Sidewiki allowed users to interact with a website in ways that the site owner could not control, which upset some website owners Jeff Jarvis complained that Sidewiki "takes comments away from my blog and puts them on Google That sets up Google in channel conflict vs me It robs my site of much of its value", and PaidContent noted that "Google is walking a fine line in its efforts to innovate in some areas that have long been the domain of traditional publishers, while not alienating them" PC Magazine commented that Sidewiki could "push site owners to make their forums more appealing on their own, and to enhance sites with no comment area with a space for reader participation" Public relations professionals saw Sidewiki as another venue that will need managing, but which offered an opportunity to engage with complaints and spot 'hot issues' Mark Borkowski predicted that "SideWiki is going to challenge PR by providing the masses with the tool for the ultimate expression of people power, something uncontainable that will need constant monitoring SideWiki will make it impossible to promote one message and not be held to account" ArsTechnica argued that the comments were of similar value to those on existing sites such as Digg and Reddit, and suggested that without the ability found in Wikipedia to delete and restructure material, it was a "glorified comment system"
- Google SearchWiki
- ^ "Help and learn from others as you browse the web: Google Sidewiki" Google September 23, 2009 Retrieved September 23, 2009
- ^ a b Paul, Ryan September 23, 2009 "Google Sidewiki interesting, but real utility unclear" ArsTechnica Retrieved September 9, 2010
- ^ a b Tartakoff, Joseph September 23, 2009 "Google's Latest Ambition: A Universal Commenting System For The Web" PaidContent Archived from the original on March 25, 2012 Retrieved September 9, 2010
- ^ Arrington, Michael September 23, 2009 "Google Steps Where Many Have Stumbled: Sidewiki" TechCrunch Retrieved September 9, 2010
- ^ Turner, Adam October 2, 2009 "Wave hello to Google Sidewiki bombing" iTWire Retrieved September 9, 2010
- ^ a b c Muchmore, Michael September 25, 2009 "Hands On with Google Sidewiki: Comments for All" PC Magazine Retrieved September 9, 2010
- ^ Agarwal, Amit September 24, 2009 "Use Google Sidewiki without the Google Toolbar" Digital Inspiration Labnol Retrieved September 9, 2010
- ^ Adaikin, Andrey October 29, 2009 "Bringing Google Sidewiki goodness to Google Chrome, Part I" Google Chrome Blog Retrieved September 9, 2010
- ^ Lardinois, Frederic September 23, 2009 "Annotate the Web: Google Launches Sidewiki" ReadWriteWeb Retrieved September 9, 2010
- ^ Alan Eustace September 2, 2011 "A fall spring-clean" Google Retrieved September 2, 2011
- ^ Irvine, Chris September 24, 2009 "Google Sidewiki: new tool lets anyone comment on webpages" Daily Telegraph Retrieved September 9, 2010
- ^ Lee, Julian November 13, 2009 "Sidewiki causes a PR headache" Sydney Morning Herald Retrieved September 9, 2010
- ^ Borkowski, Mark November 9, 2009 "SideWiki changes everything" The Guardian PDA – The Digital Content Blog Retrieved September 9, 2010
- "Google Sidewiki for Google Toolbar" Google Toolbar Help YouTube September 22, 2009 Retrieved September 9, 2010
google side wiki, how to remove google side wiki
Google Sidewiki Information about
Google Sidewiki viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.