Google Kythegoogle kythera, google kythe foundation
Google Kythe is a source code indexer and cross-referencer which describes itself as "pluggable, mostly language-agnostic ecosystem for building tools that work with code"
- 1 Overview
- 2 Grok
- 3 Reception
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
- 61 Grok
- 62 Kythe
- 63 Similar projects
The core of Google Kythe is in defining language-agnostic protocols and data formats for representing, accessing and querying source code information as data Kythe relies on an instrumented build system and compilers that produce indexing information, semantic information and metadata in Kythe specified format This information obtained from running an instrumented build is stored in a language-agnostic graph structure Finally, this graph structure can be queried to answer questions about the code base
Google Kythe is an open-source project being developed by Google It is licensed under an Apache licence 20
Google Kythe originates from an internal project called Grok
Grok had been proposed by Steve Yegge in 2008 Yegge observed that software projects routinely use more than 3 programming languages, yet development tools tend to be language specific and don't handle multiple programming languages well Adding a support for a language to an IDE is hard and the ad-hoc analysis tools in IDEs tend to be inferior to real parsers and compilers
Some parts of Grok were publicly released even before Google Kythe was announced In 2010, Google released a Python static analyzer which has been developed as part of Grok
In 2012, C++, Java, Python, JS and "2 internal languages" were supported by Grok There was a browser client with support for querying the database and visually navigating through the source code There was an Emacs client
Chromium Code Search Browser uses Grok index to provide quick links to definition for every symbol in the source code
|This section is empty You can help by adding to it February 2015|
- LXR Cross Referencer
- ^ "Google Open Source Blog: Kythe: a new approach to making developer tools" Google Open Source Blog
- ^ "Kythe - An Overview of Kythe" kytheio
- ^ "Google Kythe Website" Google Retrieved 23 February 2015
- ^ Steve Yegge "Notes from the Mystery Machine Bus" plusgooglecom
- ^ a b Bryan Summersett "Bryan Summersett - Steve Yegge and Grok" bsummnet
- ^ "Issue 1541: new static analyzer from Google - Jython tracker" jythonorg
- ^ "Chromium Code Search"
- ^ "Kythe - Exploring Kythe's Sample Web UI" kytheio Retrieved 30 April 2015
- Notes from the Mystery Machine Bus, blog
- Steve Yegge and Grok, blog
- Stanford Seminar - Google's Steve Yegge on GROK, lecture
- Project Grok - Steve Yegge - Emacs Conference 2013, talk
- Steve Yegge on Scalable Programming Language Analysis, talk
- Kythe Google Kythe Homepage
- Indexing Large, Mixed-Language Codebases, talk
- Facebook pfff
- Oracle Frappé
- Microsoft Language Server Protocol designed as part of Visual Studio Code, with implementations for several languages and integrated by several other development tools
|This programming-tool-related article is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
- ^ Hawes, Nathan; Barham, Ben "Using Clang to Visualize Large Codebases" PDF Retrieved 25 September 2015
google kithe brewster, google kythe foundation, google kytheon, google kythera
Google Kythe Information about
Google Kythe viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.