Google Allogoogle allo, google allo for pc
30 November 16, 2016; 21 days ago 2016-11-16
Google Allo is an instant messaging mobile app developed by Google that includes a virtual assistant and provides a "smart reply" function that allows users to reply without typing It was announced at Google I/O on May 18, 2016 and launched on September 21, 2016 The app is available on Android and iOS
- 1 History
- 2 Features
- 21 Incognito mode
- 3 Reception
- 31 Virtual assistant
- 32 Optional encryption
- 33 Message retention
- 4 See also
- 5 References
Allo was announced at Google I/O on May 18, 2016 At the time, Google said that it would release Allo in summer 2016 Google launched the app on September 21, 2016 It was mentioned during the #MadeByGoogle event in October 2016 that Allo will be pre-installed on Pixel phones, along with its sister app, Google Duo
Allo is based on phone numbers, not by social media or email accountsThe Whisper Shout feature being demonstrated at Google I/O 2016
Allo's "Smart reply" function uses Google's machine learning technology to suggest a reply to the last message, which can be selected from a few options The feature also analyses images sent to the user in order to suggest responses Similar to the smart reply feature seen in Google's Inbox app, it learns from the user's behaviour to adapt its suggestions over time Allo is one of the apps that support Google Assistant, a conversational virtual assistant
"Whisper Shout" allows the user to increase or decrease the size of a message to represent volume
Allo also lets users draw on photos before sending them
Incognito mode is an optional mode that includes expiring chats, private notifications, and end-to-end encryption For encryption, the app uses the Signal Protocol
Incognito mode does not include any Smart Reply or Google Assistant features When the user receives a sticker from a sticker pack that they do not already have installed on their device, the app will retrieve the sticker from Google’s servers using client-to-server encryption
PC World’s Mark Hachman gave a favorable review of Allo's virtual assistant, saying that it was a "step up on Cortana and Siri"
Following Allo's introduction at Google I/O, Google was criticised by security experts and privacy advocates for having the end-to-end encryption turned off by default, which they argue leaves the app open to government surveillance Edward Snowden, whistleblower and former NSA contractor, criticised the app on Twitter, saying that "Google's decision to disable end-to-end encryption by default in its new #Allo chat app is dangerous, and makes it unsafe" Thai Duong, a co-lead of Google's product security team, wrote in a personal blog post that he would push for the addition of a setting that would let users have the encryption on all the time, but he later retracted the statement
When Allo was first introduced, its developers talked about storing non-incognito messages only transiently — namely that the messages would be deleted from Google's servers after they had been delivered to their destination At launch, Google revealed that they would instead store all non-incognito messages indefinitely or until the user actively deleted them in order to improve the built in "smart reply" feature Russell Brandom of The Verge commented that "the decision will have significant consequences for law enforcement access to Allo messages By default, Allo messages will now be accessible to lawful warrant requests, the same as message data in Gmail and Hangouts"
- Comparison of instant messaging clients
- Google Duo
- Google Hangouts
- Spaces app
- ^ "Google Allo on the Google Play Store" Google Play Google November 21, 2016 Retrieved November 30, 2016
- ^ "Google Allo on the iOS App Store" iTunes Apple November 16, 2016 Retrieved November 30, 2016
- ^ Reisinger, Don 23 September 2016 "What Makes Google's Allo a Smarter Approach to Messaging" eWeek QuinStreet Inc Retrieved 23 September 2016
- ^ a b Lunden, Ingrid 18 May 2016 "Google debuts Allo, an AI-based chat app using its new assistant bot, smart replies and more" TechCrunch AOL Inc Retrieved 22 May 2016
- ^ a b c d e Gibbs, Samuel 21 September 2016 "Google launches WhatsApp competitor Allo – with Google Assistant" The Guardian Retrieved 21 September 2016
- ^ a b Bohn, Dieter 18 May 2016 "Allo is a messaging app with Google built right in" The Verge Vox Media Retrieved 22 September 2016
- ^ Rakowski, Brian October 4, 2016 "Introducing Pixel, our new phone made by Google" Google Retrieved October 5, 2016
- ^ Geuss, Megan 18 May 2016 "Google's Allo and Duo are 2 communication apps based on your phone number" Ars Technica Condé Nast Retrieved 22 May 2016
- ^ Lee, Nicole 19 May 2016 "Please don't send me Smart Replies" Engadget Opinion piece AOL Inc Retrieved 21 May 2016
- ^ Beres, Damon 18 May 2016 "Google Debuts A New Texting App You'll Actually Want To Use" The Huffington Post AOL Inc Retrieved 18 May 2016
- ^ a b Greenberg, Andy 18 May 2016 "With Allo and Duo, Google Finally Encrypts Conversations End-to-End" Wired Condé Nast Retrieved 18 May 2016
- ^ a b Caroline nd "Chat in private with Incognito mode" Google Allo Help Google Retrieved 25 September 2016
- ^ Hachman, Mark 22 September 2016 "Hands-on: Google Assistant's Allo chatbot outdoes Cortana, Siri as your digital pal" PC World IDG Retrieved 23 September 2016
- ^ a b Tung, Liam 20 May 2016 "NSA whistleblower Snowden: Google Allo without default encryption is 'dangerous'" ZDNet CBS Interactive Retrieved 21 May 2016
- ^ Hackett, Robert 21 May 2016 "Here's Why Privacy Savants Are Blasting Google Allo" Fortune Time Inc Retrieved 22 May 2016
- ^ Conger, Kate 20 May 2016 "Google engineer says he'll push for default end-to-end encryption in Allo" TechCrunch AOL Inc Retrieved 21 May 2016
- ^ Goodin, Dan 20 May 2016 "Incensing critics, Google engineer ends push for crypto-only setting in Allo" Ars Technica Condé Nast Retrieved 21 May 2016
- ^ a b c Brandom, Russell 21 September 2016 "Google backs off on previously announced Allo privacy feature" The Verge Vox Media Retrieved 21 September 2016
google allo, google allo and google duo, google allo apk, google allo download, google allo for pc, google allo review, google allo sms, google allo web, google allow less secure apps, google allow pop-ups
Google Allo Information about
Google Allo viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.