Gochasgochas breakfast bar, gochas village council
Gochas is a village in the Hardap Region of Namibia It is located 110 kilometres 68 mi southeast of Mariental and 64 kilometres 40 mi southwest of Stampriet on the way to the Mata Mata border post to the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park The town lies on the banks of the Auob River 1,150 metres 3,770 ft above sea level In 1960, the population was reported as including 205 whites, 108 mixed-race, and 224 blacks The area is at the center of a set of Kalahari Desert dune farms on which cattle and sheep graze
- 1 History
- 2 Politics
- 3 Climate
- 4 References
The village has been the main settlement of the ǃKharakhoen Fransman Nama, a subtribe of the Nama people, since 1889
Gochas was a flashpoint in the colonial Herero Wars in German South West Africa It was used as a military post and camel station under Imperial German rule In January 1905 the Germans defeated the Nama chief Simon Kooper here The final battle of the war, the Battle of Seatsub, was fought in Bechuanaland in March 1908 Capt Friedrich von Erckert was killed in action, and a memorial was built in Gochas
PoliticsAthtletics in the desert
Gochas is governed by a village council, established in 1958, that currently[update] has five seats
The 2015 local authority election was won by the SWAPO party which gained three seats 326 votes One seat each was won by the Congress of Democrats CoD, 96 votes and the Democratic Turnhalle Alliance DTA, 36 votes
Gochas receives an average of 176 millimetres 69 in of rainfall per year During the 2010s drought a low of 31 mm 12 in was recorded
|This article contains click symbols from the Khoekhoe language Without proper rendering support, you may see question marks, boxes, or other symbols|
- ^ Cloete, Luqman 24 November 2005 "Ministry takes up probe of problems at Gochas" The Namibianmw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-rightmw-parser-output citation mw-selflink
- ^ "Gochas" Namibweb Retrieved 10 July 2011
- ^ Potgieter, DJ ed 1972 Standard Encyclopaedia of Southern Africa Cape Town: Nasionale Opvoedkundige Uitgewery Nasou
- ^ Malan, Johan S 1998 Die Völker Namibias [The Tribes of Namibia] in German Windhoek, Göttingen: Klaus Hess pp 120–125
- ^ Dierks, Klaus "Biographies of Namibian Personalities, K" Retrieved 9 July 2011
- ^ Haacke, Wulf D 1992 "The Kalahari Expedition, March 1908: The Forgotten Story of the Final Battle of the Nama War" Botswana Notes and Records 24: 1–18 JSTOR 40979912
- ^ "Know Your Local Authority" Election Watch 3 Institute for Public Policy Research 2015 p 4
- ^ "Local elections results" Electoral Commission of Namibia 28 November 2015 p 2 Archived from the original on 10 December 2015 Retrieved 2 September 2017
- ^ Menges, Werner; Oliveira, Yokany 23 May 2019 "Khomas faces worst drought in 90 years" The Namibian p 1
go chase, gochas breakfast, gochas breakfast bar, gochas disease, gochas juego, gochas village council, gochas weather, gochasalon, gochase login
Gochas Information about
Gochas viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.