George Wyldjohn wylde, george wylder england
George Wyld 1821 - 1906 was a Scottish homeopathic physician and Christian Theosophist
- 1 Career
- 2 Theosophy
- 3 Publications
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Wyld became interested in homeopathic medicine in 1851 after discovering the work of Samuel Hahnemann whilst a medical student at Edinburgh After he obtained his M D he moved to London where he taught homeopathic medicine and in 1876 became president of the British Homeopathic Society
Wyld was interested in mesmerism, spiritualism and Theosophy He has been described as one of the "oldest mesmerists in England" Wyld was also a proponent of phrenology He 1844 he joined the London Phrenological Society He was a convinced spiritualist, in 1854 he met the medium Daniel Dunglas Home
In October 1876 he defended the fraudulent slate-writing medium Henry Slade at his trial He help to organize a spiritualists defense fund to cover Slade's legal costs Because of this he received great criticism from the medical community
Wyld was a vice-president for the British National Association of Spiritualists and an early member of the Society for Psychical Research
In the 1879 he joined the British Theosophical Society and was its president during 1880-1882 He resigned in 1882 due to Madame Blavatsky's opposition to Christianity
Wyld was originally impressed by Blavatsky, believing her to possess mediumistic powers but later fell out with her, describing her as a rude and vulgar woman He resigned after she had written an article in The Theosophist claiming "there is no personal or impersonal God" However, he did not abandon Theosophy altogether, he formed his own hybrid version of Christianity with Theosophy known as Christo-Theosophy
- Homoeopathy 1853
- Diseases of the Heart and Lungs: Their Physical Diagnosis, and Homeopathic and Hygienic Treatment 1860
- Theosophy and the Higher Life; Or, Spiritual Dynamics and the Divine and Miraculous Man 1880
- Theosophy: Or Spiritual Dynamics and the Divine and Miraculous Man 1895
- Notes of My Life 1903
- ^ a b c Oppenheim, Janet 1988 The Other World: Spiritualism and Psychical Research in England, 1850-1914 Cambridge University Press pp 231-232 ISBN 978-0521347679
- ^ Thomson, Thomson 2006 Psychological Subjects: Identity, Culture, and Health in Twentieth-Century Britain Oxford University Press p 27 ISBN 978-0199287802
- ^ Oppenheim, Janet 1988 The Other World: Spiritualism and Psychical Research in England, 1850-1914 Cambridge University Press p 221 ISBN 978-0521347679
- ^ Pert, Alan 2007 Red Cactus: The Life of Anna Kingsford Books & Writers p 90 ISBN 978-1740184052
- ^ McCorristine, Shane 2010 Spectres of the Self: Thinking about Ghosts and Ghost-Seeing in England, 1750-1920 Cambridge University Press p 110 ISBN 978-0521747967
- ^ Guttierez, Cathy 2015 Handbook of Spiritualism and Channeling Brill p 132 ISBN 978-9004263772
- ^ Oppenheim, Janet 1988 The Other World: Spiritualism and Psychical Research in England, 1850-1914 Cambridge University Press p 180 ISBN 978-0521347679
- Madame Blavatsky and Her "Theosophical" Society
george wylder england, john wyld albany, john wyld schenectady, john wylde, john wylde wareham, john wylder, john wylder richland community college il, john wylderich
George Wyld Information about
George Wyld viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.