George Pringle full name: Georgina Richards-Pringle is an artist, performer and writer from London, UK She is best known for her stream-of-consciousness style poetry and prose delivered over backing tracks which she creates on GarageBand music software
- 1 Biography
- 2 Releases
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Pringle was born in London on December 28, 1984 to architect parents She grew up in World's End, Chelsea She drew constantly from a young age and at the age of 11, went to board at Malvern Girls' College in Worcestershire after winning the Art Scholarship George studied piano between the ages of seven and fourteen and was a member of the choir She first started experimenting with home recording at the age of 16 when she pinched her older brother's guitar and started making demos on a two deck Karaoke machine at home during the holidays She then started recording tracks on a French Oral examination tape recorder in the school hall at night using the assembly microphone She formed a punk band whilst at Malvern
Pringle studied Fine Art at Oxford Brookes University It was at University that she acquired GarageBand music software which came on her iBook and started composing electronic music to accompany the poetry and prose that she writes She has recorded live sessions for BBC Radio 1 and featured on The Verb for BBC3 She has played Music and Literary Festivals including Reading, Leeds, Bestival and Latitude At the beginning of 2010, she supported the French band Air on the European leg of their tour
Based in London, she has released two critically acclaimed LPs to date "Salon des Refuses" a conceptual poetry album and "Golfo dei Poeti" a conceptual soundtrack album She also provides the vocals for the track Cutlery Drawer on the Scottish band Errors' 2008 album It's Not Something But It Is Like Whatever
George returned to university and graduated with an MA in Filmmaking from Goldsmiths in 2015 She is currently a street photographer, working on her first show: wwwinstagramcom/georginapringle
- "Golfo dei Poeti" album, March 2013 self released
- "Salon des Refusés", September 2009 self released
- "LCD, I love you, but you're bringing me down", Sept 2008 Trouble Records
- "Poor EP, Poor EP Without a Name", March 2008 self released
|This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations Please help to improve this article by introducing more precise citations August 2008 Learn how and when to remove this template message|
- "The Specialists: 171107" Music Week 17 November 2007 Retrieved 2008-07-22
- Sullivan, Caroline November 23, 2007 "George Pringle Social" The Guardian Retrieved 2008-07-22
- McNamee, David July 16, 2008 "Spoken word What's it all about George Pringle's musical poems are causing a buzz - but can spoken word pop ever avoid the pretentious tag" The Guardian Retrieved 2008-07-22
- Rogers, Jude March 7, 2008 "In between cake-baking and child-rearing, where do these chicks get the time Too many stories imply that music-making women are a new phenomenon - which must smart if you're Wanda Jackson or Joan Jett" The Guardian Retrieved 2008-07-22
- Cooper, Leonie January 13, 2007 "Meet the mini Allens Thanks to Lily, labels are rushing to sign a new breed of female artist Leonie Cooper joins the stars who'll make you forget Dido ever existed" The Guardian Retrieved 2008-07-22
- Cairns, Dan; Mark Edwards December 16, 2007 "The hottest downloads; Must-have reissues; Book now" The Sunday Times London Retrieved 2008-07-22
- "New Music: George Pringle: "I'm Very Scared Buster, Yes at Last"" Pitchfork January 31, 2008 Retrieved 2008-07-22
- Bearder, Tim 2007-06-04 "George Pringle interview" BBC Oxford Retrieved 2008-07-22
- Music video for "LCD I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down"
- George Pringle on Flickr
George Pringle Information about
George Pringle viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.