General Order No. 1general order no. 11 civil war, general order no. 1 dated september 22 1972
General Order No 1 for the surrender of Japan, was prepared by the United States Joint Chiefs of Staff and approved by President Harry Truman on 17 August 1945
It was issued by General Douglas MacArthur to the representative of the Empire of Japan following the surrender of Japan, and then issued by Japanese Imperial General Headquarters to the forces of the Empire of Japan on 2 September 19451 It instructed Japanese forces to surrender to designated Allied commanders, reveal all current military deployments, and preserve military equipment for later disarmament2
It also had the effect of leading to the eventual division of Korea at the 38th Parallel in that Japanese forces to the north of this parallel were ordered to surrender to the Commander in Chief of Soviet Forces in the Far East, and those to the south were directed to surrender to the Commander in Chief, US Army Forces in the Pacific, in accordance with Section 1, paragraphs b and e, respectively
|Wikisource has original text related to this article: General Order No 1|
- 1 See also
- 2 References
- 3 Bibliography
- 4 External links
- Cairo Declaration 27 November 1943
- Potsdam Declaration 26 July 1945
- Gwangbokjeol 15 August 1945
- Japanese Instrument of Surrender 2 September 1945
- Retrocession Day 25 October 1945
- Treaty of San Francisco 8 September 1951
- ^ Joint Chiefs of Staff August 17, 1945 "SWNCC 21/8: Unconditional Surrender of Japan" General order No1 Enclosure, as approved by the President for issue by the Japanese Imperial General Headquarters by direction of the Emperor, is circulated for information
- ^ "Tokyo Bay: The Formal Surrender of the Empire of Japan on Board USS Missouri, 2 September 1945" Naval History and Heritage Command Archived from the original on 6 October 2014
- United States Department of State 1945 "Foreign relations of the United States : diplomatic papers, 1945 The British Commonwealth, the Far East" Foreign Relations of the United States FRUS United States Government Printing Office pp 635–639
- GENERAL ORDER NOIin Englishin Japanese，Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
- SCAPIN-1: GENERAL ORDER NO 1 DIRECTIVE NO 1, OFFICE OF THE SUPREME COMMANDER FOR THE ALLIED POWERS 1945/09/02 in Englishin Japanese，Scap Directives to the Imperial Japanese Government Volume 1
- END OF EMPIRE: General Order No1
general order no. 1, general order no. 1 dated september 22 1972, general order no. 10, general order no. 100, general order no. 11, general order no. 11 (1862), general order no. 11 (1863), general order no. 11 civil war, general order no. 11 jews, general order no. 16
General Order No. 1 Information about
General Order No. 1
General Order No. 1
General Order No. 1 viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.