Gene La Rocquegene la rocque, mark la rocque
Eugene Robert La Rocque June 29, 1918 – October 31, 2016 was a rear admiral of the United States Navy who founded the Center for Defense Information in 1971
- 1 Biography
- 2 See also
- 3 References
- 4 External links
La Rocque was born in Kankakee, Illinois in 1918 and began his naval service in 1940 When the attack on Pearl Harbor was carried out, he was serving on the USS Macdonough He participated in 13 major battles in World War II and worked for seven years in the Strategic Plans Directorate of the Joint Chiefs of Staff In the Battle of Kwajalein, he was the first man to go ashore in the landings at Roi-Namur
He retired in 1972, disillusioned over the Vietnam War La Rocque and his colleagues testified before Congress, frequently appeared in the media, and consulted many national and international political leaders
In the 1980s, La Rocque founded a weekly public affairs television program, America's Defense Monitor In 1974, he stated that in his experience, any ship that is capable of carrying nuclear weapons carries nuclear weapons and does not off-load them when they are in foreign ports The statement directly conflicted with the Department of Defense's "neither confirm nor deny" NC/ND policy regarding such weapons and sparked controversy in Japan, which has had a non-nuclear policy since World War II
As a Lieutenant Commander, La Rocque was commanding officer of USS Solar, destroyed on April 30, 1946, in an explosion while loading torpex at Naval Ammunition Depot, Earle now Naval Weapons Station, Earle in New Jersey Five enlisted men and one officer were killed with 125 others wounded
La Rocque died in Washington, DC October 2016 at the age of 98
- Center for Defense Information
- ^ "CDI Joins POGO"
- ^ Who's who in the world, 1978–1979 Marquis Who's Who 1978 p 553 ISBN 0837911044
- ^ https://wwwnytimescom/2016/11/05/us/gene-la-rocque-decorated-veteran-who-condemned-waste-of-war-dies-at-98htmlaction=click&contentCollection=obituaries®ion=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=2&pgtype=sectionfront
- ^ http://obitsdignitymemorialcom/dignity-memorial/obituaryaspxn=Gene-La+Rocque&lc=2216&pid=182302297&mid=7151163
- ^ https://wwwwashingtonpostcom/national/gene-r-la-rocque-navy-admiral-who-became-pentagon-critic-dies-at-98/2016/11/05/b6ace2d0-a2c7-11e6-8d63-3e0a660f1f04_storyhtml
- The Oxford Companion to American Military History Oxford University Press
- "The Admiral Who Jumped Ship," by Michael Johns, Policy Review, March 1988
- "Profiles: Gene Robert La Rocque," by Herbert Mitang, New Yorker, October 6, 1986
- "Admiral Gene Larocque Speaks to Studs Terkel About "The Good War", 1985
admiral gene la rocque, gene la rocque, john la rocque, mark la rocque, mark la rocque sacramento, pastel artist gene la rocque
Gene La Rocque Information about
Gene La Rocque
Gene La Rocque
Gene La Rocque viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.