Gamston, Rushcliffegamston rushcliffe borough, gamston rushcliffe school
Gamston is a ward, civil parish and a suburb of West Bridgford, in the Rushcliffe district of Nottinghamshire, England The population of the civil parish as of the 2011 census is 2,1641 It is situated approximately 3 miles 5 km south-east of Nottingham and is part of the West Bridgford postcode of NG2
The parish of Gamston comes under Holme Pierrepont and Gamston Parish Council2 Gamston is split into Gamston North and Gamston South wards of Rushcliffe Borough Council; Gamston North includes Holme Pierrepont And Gamston Parish Council and the current Councillor is Jonathan Wheeler Gamston South runs from Morrisons down to Edwalton The parish and also contains the parish of Holme Pierrepont and the village of Edwalton The population of this ward also taken at the 2011 Census was 5,3373 It is one of the nine wards in West Bridgford4
Most of the homes in Gamston were built since the 1980s as part of the expansion of West Bridgford5 The homes range from 2 bed bungalows and one bed terraces to 5 bedroomed family homes
The border between Gamston and Edwalton exists at the junction of Beckside, Melton Gardens and Alford Road The West Bridgford border however is somewhat harder to ascertain, although the Grantham Canal provides a partial boundary in the North-West The more recent housing estate off of Stavely Way, is however in West Bridgford
Pubs in the area include 'The Goose' and 'The Gamston Lock'
The modern centre of Gamston is based around Morrisons superstore, once Safeway; which now has a Chinese takeaway, vet surgery and pet store nearby, next to the community hall
Local secondary schools and colleges include Rushcliffe School, West Bridgford Comprehensive and Central College Nottingham, although none of these are located in Gamston Local primary schools include Pierrepont Gamston School, Edwalton Primary School in Edwalton and Abbey Road Primary School in West Bridgford
In 2009, Gamston was proposed as the site for a 45,000 seat football stadium, to host games in the 2018 World Cup and Nottingham Forest football club, who have played at the City Ground in West Bridgford since 1898 Previous suggested sites included nearby Holme Pierrepont6
- 1801 – 97
- 1851 – 124
- 1901 – 96
- 1 Transport-bus
- 2 Facilities
- 3 Future developments
- 4 References
- 5 External links
- 5: Nottingham – West Bridgford – Gamston Beckside
- 7: Nottingham – West Bridgford – Gamston Beckside
- L2 Locallink: Silverdale – Clifton – West Bridgford – Gamston Ambleside
- Rushcliffe Villager 2 Trent Barton: Nottingham – West Bridgford – Gamston Ambleside
- Gamston has a school named Pierrepont Gamston Primary School which has been active since 2001
- Gamston has a Morrisons in the centre between Beckside and Ambleside
- It also has restaurants/pubs: "The Goose at Gamston" which is opposite Morrisons and "The Gamston Lock" which is on the edge of Gamston, prior to being rebuilt due to a large fire on 7 December 2013, the pub was called "The Bridge at Gamston"
- Gamston has small facilities in the same area: Paper Moon Nursery, Vets4Pets shop, a town hall etc
- It has a small park on Ambleside
- Gamston has many paths by Grantham Canal to walk on
- Gamston has a Hospital named Lings Bar Hospital, which is a small Hospital with three elderly rehab wards, a dialysis unit and a community hospital7
Gamston is close to:
- West Bridgford
There is plans to make 4,000 homes to the east of Gamston with a retail park linked to that This plan was passed by rushcliife Borough Council, as part of their obligation to meet Housing targets Work has yet to start
- ^ "Civil Parish population 2011" Neighbourhood Statistics Office for National Statistics Retrieved 9 April 2016
- ^ 1
- ^ "Rushcliffe ward population 2011" Neighbourhood Statistics Office for National Statistics Retrieved 9 April 2016
- ^ "Gamston ward and parish" Rushcliffe Borough Council Retrieved 18 September 2009
- ^ Hughes, Lynette; Buffery, Steve 24 August 2006 "Nottingham-Derby Green Belt Review" PDF East Midlands Regional Assembly Retrieved 18 September 2009
- ^ World Cup stadium plan unveiled
- ^ http://wwwnhsuk/Services/hospitals/Overview/DefaultViewaspxid=30437
- Holme Pierrepont & Gamston Parish Council website
- St Lukes – Church of England West Bridgford
gamston rushcliffe borough, gamston rushcliffe council, gamston rushcliffe golf, gamston rushcliffe school
Gamston, Rushcliffe Information about
Gamston, Rushcliffe viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.