Fuddruckersfuddruckers, fuddruckers menu
Fuddruckers is an American fast casual, franchised restaurant chain that specializes in hamburgers The Fuddruckers concept is to offer large hamburgers in which the meat is ground on-site and buns are baked on the premises As of 2015, Fuddruckers had 77 company-operated restaurants and 111 franchises across the United States and around the world The company headquarters is in Houston, Texas
- 1 History
- 11 Founding and growth
- 12 Bankruptcy and ownership changes
- 2 Menu
- 3 Business
- 31 Headquarters
- 32 Locations
- 33 Franchise model
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
HistoryeditThe headquarters of Luby's, parent company of Fuddruckers
Founding and growthedit
Fuddruckers was founded as Freddie Fuddruckers in 1979 by Philip J Romano in San Antonio, Texas, in a location converted to a restaurant from an old bank2 He started the chain because he thought that "the world needed a better hamburger"3 The Fuddruckers concept was to offer large hamburgers in which the meat was ground on-site and buns were baked on the premises and hamburgers and other dishes were offered with "lots of fresh sliced tomatoes, onions, lettuce and vats of cheese sauce"4 In California, Fuddruckers competed at the high end of the fast food market against chains such as Flakey Jake's, sometimes with head-to-head competitions in places such as Northridge, California4 By 1988, there were 150 restaurants in the chain, according to a report in The New York Times3 Romano left the chain in 1988 to found Romano's Macaroni Grill2 In an interview, Romano stated that "I just felt I had done all I could for the concept"3
Fuddruckers was purchased in November 1998 by Michael Cannon, and later it was purchased by Magic Brands The restaurant sometimes made controversial decisions; for example, in 2010 it began enforcing a no-weapons policy, which insisted that patrons should not carry "visible pistols" unless they were security officials5 Laws in some US states allow people to carry guns visibly in public Fuddruckers management had been concerned that the presence of armed patrons might deter unarmed ones from visiting, but the move caused controversy among pro-gun advocates who threatened to retaliate with boycotts of Fuddruckers restaurants5
In August 2014, Fuddruckers opened the first of its new stores called Fuddruckers Deluxe in Newport News, Virginia, a full-service sit down restaurant serving traditional and new menu items, with a wait staff, full bar and multiple TVs, although it does not offer different size burgers or a "produce and fixings bar" like its traditional restaurantsOne of three Fuddruckers in Colorado that closed in 2010
Bankruptcy and ownership changesedit
The 2008 financial crisis hit the restaurant industry hard, including Fuddruckers On April 22, 2010, the parent of Fuddruckers, Austin-based Magic Brands LLC, announced plans to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection6 It originally planned to sell most of its assets, including Fuddruckers and the Koo Koo Roo brand eateries, to the Tavistock Group for $40 million57 On the same day, the firm announced that 24 Fuddruckers restaurants would be closed, several of them in the metro Washington DC area
On June 18, 2010, Tavistock was outbid by Luby's for Fuddruckers' assets at auction, with a $61 million winning bid89 A second estimate was that the sale amount was for $6345 million10 Luby's acquisition of Fuddruckers and Koo Koo Roo was finalized in 2010 During 2011, there were controversies with previous franchise owners regarding the use of the Fuddruckers brand name, according to the Wall Street Journal11
MenueditCheeseburger, fries and dip sauces at a Fuddruckers
The chain offered the Original Fudds Burger in various sizes, from 1/3 pound, to 1/2 pound, to 2/3 pound, to 1 pound12 The primary focus is on hamburgers but other options are offered including chicken, fish and exotic burgers buffalo, elk, and wild boar13 There is also speciality burgers, salads, a kids menu, and desserts to choose from14
The firm in 2006 cooked up a publicity stunt Foxwood executive sous chef, Scott Ferguson, and Mark Collins made one of the largest commercially available hamburgers — weighing 296 pounds and costing US $250 — for the Fuddruckers restaurant in the casino The burger was 185 inches wide and 8 inches tall15 According to two sources, this creation was the world's largest commercially available burger in 20061516 In 2008, there was a report that the world's biggest burger title shifted to a sports bar in Michigan17 The chain experimented with different types of burgers For example, one restaurant offered an elk burger, but a food critic writing for Slate Magazine, visiting a restaurant in Washington, DC, was disappointed with the taste and described it as looking "completely grey", and complained about the chain's standards of consistency18 In 2011, the firm brought back two hamburgers entitled The Southwest and the Swiss Melt as well as another entitled the Inferno Burger
The firm has moved its headquarters location several times Currently, the headquarters is the near northwest district of Houston, Texas19 It has been there since the acquisition by Luby's in 2010 From 2005 to 2010, Fuddruckers was headquartered in southwest Austin, Texas;20 before that, in One Corporate Place in Danvers, Massachusetts;21 before that, in Beverly, Massachusetts2223 When it shifted headquarters from the Boston area to Austin in 2005, it spent $1 million and laid off 30 employees which allowed the firm to operate more efficiently, according to chief financial officer Matt Pannek24 Within six weeks of the move, the company hired 30 new employees for the Austin headquarters By September 2005 the company employed 80 people in 16,000 square feet 1,500 m2 of space in two temporary offices in the Monterey Oaks Corporate Park in southwest Austin By December 2005 the company planned to move into about 16,000-17,000 square feet 1,500-1,600 m² of space in an adjacent building and turn one of the original Austin facilities into a training center and test kitchen Pannek said that the central location of the headquarters allows the company to more easily communicate with its franchisees across the United States24
Fuddruckers has 111 locations around the United States as of April 2017 They also have locations worldwide which include one Fuddruckers in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, four in Bahrain, one in Chile, two in Italy, two in Mexico, one in Panama, one in Dominican Republic, one in Poland, one in Puerto Rico, two in Beirut, Lebanon, one in Morocco, five in United Arab Emirates and twelve in Saudi Arabia and recently in Colombia
While some Fuddruckers restaurants are company-owned, the majority are owned by individual franchisees5 In 2010, there were 135 franchisee-owned Fuddruckers around the United States5 In 2011, Fuddruckers had 200 restaurants throughout North America, of which two-thirds were owned by small business owners and 59 were company-operated locations25 By the end of 2015, Fuddruckers had 188 locations —77 are directly operated— in the United States and 35 locations overseas26
Fuddruckers expanded outside of the United States and had branches in several Middle Eastern countries, with the first Middle Eastern location opening in May 1994 in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia by Arabian Food Supplies27 Fuddruckers opened restaurants in Argentina in 1988; later, however, sales fell and Fuddruckers left the country28 In 2013, Fuddruckers opened its first restaurant in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic In 2014 Fuddruckers opened its first restaurant in Santiago, Chile in South America, and in Varese Lombardy, being the company's first location in the European Union In September 2015 a franchise restaurant was opened near Como, Italy
- List of hamburger restaurants
- ^ "Fuddruckers Company Profile" The Business Journals
- ^ a b Cuff, Daniel F 1988-11-09 "Founder of Fuddruckers Goes On to Next Course" New York Times Retrieved 2009-05-21
- ^ a b c Daniel F Cuff November 9, 1988 "BUSINESS PEOPLE; Founder of Fuddruckers Goes On to Next Course" The New York Times Retrieved 2011-06-22 Why did Philip J Romano open a restaurant called Freddie Fuddruckers in 1979 I thought the world needed a better hamburger, he said
- ^ a b Daniel akst June 25, 1985 "Fuddruckers, Flakey Jake's Cry 'Copycat' : Burger Chains Duel in Northridge" Los Angeles Times Retrieved 2011-06-22 Fuddruckers and Flakey Jake's are franchising as fast as they can all over the country, selling fresh ground, one-third pound and half-pound hamburgers in purposefully rough-hewn surroundings
- ^ a b c d e Vanessa O'Connell April 29, 2010 "Fuddruckers Chain Feeling Heat From Pro-Gun Advocates" The Wall Street Journal Retrieved 2011-06-22 The hamburger chain Fuddruckers is unleashing the raw anger of pro-gun advocates, after a move by its Austin, Texas, corporate parent to begin enforcing a no-weapons policy
- ^ Baertlein, Lisa June 18, 2010 "UPDATE 1-Luby's buys Fuddruckers for $61 million" Reuters Retrieved June 23, 2011
- ^ "Magic Brands, LLC Announces Agreement for Asset Sale with Tavistock Group" Reuters Retrieved April 2010 Check date values in: |access-date= help
- ^ Bankruptcy forces 2 California Fuddruckers to close today Retrieved 4/20/10
- ^ Nathan Olivarez-Giles June 18, 2010 "Luby's cafeteria to buy Fuddruckers and Koo Koo Roo for $61 million" Los Angeles Times Retrieved 2011-06-22 Fudds Luby's, based in Houston, has agreed to buy the majority of the assets of Fuddruckers and Koo Koo Roo's parent company Magic Brands for about $61 million in cash The assets from Magic Brands, which filed for Chapter 11 protection in April, were sold to Luby's in an auction
- ^ Bill Rochelle Jan 13, 2011 "General Growth, Innkeepers, Fuddruckers: Bankruptcy" Bloomberg Retrieved 2011-06-16 Houston-based Luby’s bought the Fuddruckers business for $6345 million in a sale approved by the bankruptcy court in June
- ^ Rachel Feintzeig February 23, 2011 "Taking the Fuddruckers Out of a Burger Shop" The Wall Street Journal Retrieved 2011-06-22 He’s updated business licenses, recalled and canceled advertising that bears the Fuddruckers name and handed out fliers to customers to get the word out about the change but he’s still advised managers to cross the Fuddruckers name off of any offending receipts with black marker
- ^ "Fuddruckers" Pittsburgh Post-Gazette 2011-06-24 Retrieved 2011-06-24
- ^ In the Know: Fuddruckers coming to south Fort Myers
- ^ "Our Full Menu" Retrieved 2016-07-27
- ^ a b Brian wallheimer May 26, 2006 "Foxwoods fries up monster burger" Norwich Bulletin Retrieved 2011-06-22 Foxwoods Executive Sous Chef Scott Ferguson made the world's largest commercially available hamburger Thursday — weighing 296 pounds and costing $250 — for the Fuddruckers restaurant in the casino Guinness World Records verified the result The burger is 185 inches wide and 8 inches tall
- ^ Nicole Weston Jun 3, 2006 "Record-breaking burger" SlashFood Retrieved 2011-06-22 the Guinness Book of World's Records officiated at the weigh-in of a 295-pound burger at the Foxwoods Resort Casino's Fuddruckers restaurant They granted the 185-in wide by 8-in tall burger the title of "world's largest commercially available burger"
- ^ Sara Schwartz July 31, 2008 "World's Largest Burger: The title for world's biggest hamburger has moved back to the epicenter of burgerdom — the United States Read on for details on this beef behemoth aptly named the "Absolutely Ridiculous Burger"" delishcom Retrieved 2011-06-22 world-record-breaking "Absolutely Ridiculous Burger" at Mallie's Sports Bar in small-town Michigan The 134-pound burger post-cooking weight, topped with cheese, bacon, and all the fixings, is housed in a giant 50-pound bun and measures two feet in diameter
- ^ Justin Peters Sep 15, 2010 "Are You Game Taste-testing the Fuddruckers elk burger" Slate Magazine Retrieved 2011-06-22
- ^ "Contact us" Fuddruckers Retrieved on February 27, 2010 "Luby's Fuddruckers Restaurants, LLC 13111 NW Freeway, Suite 600 Houston, TX 77040"
- ^ "Fuddruckers Inc — Company Profile" Goliath 011-06-24 Archived from the original on November 29, 2006 Retrieved 2011-06-24 Private Company, Headquarters Location 5700 Mopac Expwy S, Austin, TX 78749-1461, United States Check date values in: |date= help
- ^ "Welcome to Fuddruckers Home On the Web!" Fuddruckers March 8, 2000 Retrieved on February 27, 2010 "One Corporate Place 55 Ferncroft Road Danvers MA 01923"
- ^ Hudgins, Matt "Fuddruckers plans 60 more company-owned restaurants" Austin Business Journal Friday August 22, 2003 Retrieved on February 27, 2010
- ^ "Fuddruckers' Contact Page" Fuddruckers August 19, 2000 Retrieved on February 27, 2010 "Fuddruckers 66 Cherry Hill Drive Suite 200 Beverly, MA 01915"
- ^ a b Outon, Chantal "Fuddruckers shifts HQ to Austin" Austin Business Journal Friday September 16, 2005 Retrieved on February 27, 2010
- ^ "Fuddruckers to Feature Its Signature Burgers This May" The New York Times April 25, 2011 Retrieved 2011-06-22 Fuddruckers NYSE: LUB, the Texas-born home of the World's Greatest Hamburgers, will feature two of its most popular burgers — the Southwest and the Swiss Melt
- ^ Luby’s narrows loss in first quarter
- ^ "Jeddahfoodcom" Jeddah Food Retrieved June 24, 2011
- ^ "INFOBAEcom" infobae Retrieved January 26, 2012
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fuddruckers|
- Official website
- Austin portal
- Companies portal
- Food portal
fuddruckers, fuddruckers coupons, fuddruckers coupons print restaurant, fuddruckers hamburgers, fuddruckers menu, fuddruckers near me, fuddruckers nutrition, fuddruckers nutrition information, fuddruckers prices, www.fuddruckers.com
Fuddruckers Information about
Fuddruckers viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.