Friedrich Reinitzerfriedrich reinitzer, friedrich reinitzer liquid crystal
Friedrich Richard Reinitzer 25 February 1857 in Prague – 16 February 1927 in Graz was an Austrian botanist and chemist In late 1880s, experimenting with cholesteryl benzoate, he discovered properties of liquid crystals named later by Otto Lehmann1
Reinitzer was born into a German Bohemian family in Prague He studied chemistry at the German technical university in Prague; in 1883 he was habilitated there as a private docent2 From 1888-1901 he was a professor at Karl-Ferdinands-Universität, then professor at technical university in Graz During 1909 - 1910 he served as the rector of the university3
While at Karl-Ferdinands-Universität in 1888 he discovered a strange behaviour of what would later be called liquid crystals For the explanation of their behaviour he collaborated with the physicist Otto Lehmann from Aachen The discovery received plenty of attention at the time but no practical uses were apparent and the interest dropped soon4
- F Reinitzer 1888 "Beiträge zur Kenntnis des Cholesterins", Monatshefte für Chemie 9:421–41
- F Reinitzer 1891 "Der Gerbstoffbegriff und seine Beziehung zur Pflanzenchemie", Lotos 39
- ^ The Material World by Rodney Cotterill
- ^ Reinitzer, Friedrich Richard Kornelius 1857-1927, Botaniker und Chemiker Österreichisches Biographisches Lexikon und biographische Dokumentation
- ^ 1 aeiou
- ^ Liquid Crystal Display LCD History of Computers and Computing, Birth of the modern computer
- David Dunmur & Tim Sluckin 2011 Soap, Science, and Flat-screen TVs: a history of liquid crystals, pp 17–20, Oxford University Press ISBN 978-0-19-954940-5
friedrich reinitzer, friedrich reinitzer biography, friedrich reinitzer liquid crystal, friedrich reinitzer liquid crystals
Friedrich Reinitzer Information about
Friedrich Reinitzer viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.