Francestown, New Hampshirefrancestown new hampshire weather forecast, francestown new hampshire hiking trails
Francestown is a town in Hillsborough County, New Hampshire, United States The population was 1,562 at the 2010 census1
- 1 History
- 2 Geography
- 3 Demographics
- 4 Notable people
- 5 References
- 6 External links
|This section needs additional citations for verification Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources Unsourced material may be challenged and removed April 2012 Learn how and when to remove this template message|
Incorporated in 1772, Francestown takes its name from Frances Deering Wentworth,2 the wife of colonial governor John Wentworth There were 928 residents when the first census was taken in 17903 For some time the town used its location on the only route between Boston and Vermont, the Second New Hampshire Turnpike, to collect a toll of one cent per mile from coaches and wagons High-quality soapstone was mined in Francestown until the 1890s
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 307 square miles 80 km2, of which 302 square miles 78 km2 is land and 05 square miles 13 km2 is water, making up 173% of the town The highest point in Francestown is the summit of Crotched Mountain, at 2,066 feet 630 m above sea level, on the town's western border Francestown lies fully within the Merrimack River watershed4
|US Decennial Census6|
As of the census7 of 2000, there were 1,480 people, 552 households, and 418 families residing in the town The population density was 491 people per square mile 189/km² There were 656 housing units at an average density of 217 per square mile 84/km² The racial makeup of the town was 9730% White, 007% African American, 034% Native American, 027% Asian, 047% from other races, and 155% from two or more races Hispanic or Latino of any race were 054% of the population
There were 552 households out of which 346% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 668% were married couples living together, 60% had a female householder with no husband present, and 241% were non-families 170% of all households were made up of individuals and 63% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older The average household size was 268 and the average family size was 304
In the town, the population was spread out with 274% under the age of 18, 41% from 18 to 24, 287% from 25 to 44, 280% from 45 to 64, and 119% who were 65 years of age or older The median age was 40 years For every 100 females there were 1039 males For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 998 males
The median income for a household in the town was $64,259, and the median income for a family was $71,471 Males had a median income of $50,521 versus $32,778 for females The per capita income for the town was $28,942 About 12% of families and 30% of the population were below the poverty line, including 25% of those under age 18 and 35% of those age 65 or over
- Samuel Bell, 14th governor of New Hampshire8
- Titus Brown, US congressman9
- Sylvester H Roper, inventor; inducted into the Motorcycle Hall of Fame 200210
- Eri D Woodbury, awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions during the Civil War11
- Levi Woodbury, associate justice of the Supreme Court of the United States; 15th governor of New Hampshire12
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Francestown, New Hampshire|
- ^ United States Census Bureau, American FactFinder, 2010 Census figures Retrieved March 23, 2011
- ^ Gannett, Henry 1905 The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States Govt Print Off p 130
- ^ "Francestown" New Hampshire Economic and Labor Market Information Bureau Profile Retrieved 25 April 2014
- ^ Foster, Debra H; Batorfalvy, Tatianna N; Medalie, Laura 1995 Water Use in New Hampshire: An Activities Guide for Teachers US Department of the Interior and US Geological Survey
- ^ "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015" Archived from the original on July 14, 2016 Retrieved July 2, 2016
- ^ "Census of Population and Housing" Censusgov Archived from the original on May 12, 2015 Retrieved June 4, 2016
- ^ "American FactFinder" United States Census Bureau Archived from the original on 2013-09-11 Retrieved 2008-01-31
- ^ "BELL, Samuel, 1770 - 1850" Biographical Directory of the United States Congress Retrieved January 14, 2014
- ^ "BROWN, Titus, 1786 - 1849" Biographical Directory of the United States Congress Retrieved December 10, 2013
- ^ "Sylvester Roper" AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Retrieved December 10, 2013
- ^ "Eri Davidson Woodbury" Military Times Retrieved July 2014 Check date values in: |access-date= help
- ^ "WOODBURY, Levi, 1789 - 1851" Biographical Directory of the United States Congress Retrieved December 10, 2013
- Town of Francestown official website
- New Hampshire Economic and Labor Market Information Bureau Profile
|Adjacent places of Francestown, New Hampshire|
|County seats: Manchester and Nashua|
francestown new hampshire hiking trails, francestown new hampshire library, francestown new hampshire map, francestown new hampshire on map, francestown new hampshire real estate, francestown new hampshire things to do, francestown new hampshire united states, francestown new hampshire weather, francestown new hampshire weather forecast, francestown new hampshire zip code
Francestown, New Hampshire Information about
Francestown, New Hampshire
Francestown, New Hampshire
Francestown, New Hampshire viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.