FR-V (microprocessor)fr v microprocessor 8085, fr v microprocessor architecture
The Fujitsu FR-V Fujitsu RISC-VLIW is one of the very few processors ever able to process both a very long instruction word VLIW and vector processor instructions at the same time, increasing throughput with high parallel computing while increasing performance per watt and hardware efficiency The family was presented in 19991 Its design was influenced by the VPP500/5000 models of the Fujitsu VP/2000 vector processor supercomputer line2
Featuring a 1-8 way very long instruction word VLIW, Multiple Instruction Multiple Data MIMD, up to 256 bit instruction set it additionally uses a 4-way single instruction, multiple data SIMD vector processor core A 32-bit RISC instruction set in the superscalar core is combined with most variants integrating a dual 16-bit media processor also in VLIW and vector architecture Each processor core is superpipelined as well as 4-unit superscalar
A typical integrated circuit integrates a system on a chip and further multiplies speed by integrating multiple cores Due to the very low power requirements it is a solution even for battery-powered applications
- 1 Variants
- 2 Technology
- 3 Applications
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
The family started with the FR-500, includes FR-300, FR-400, FR-450, FR-550 and FR1000 architecture 32-bit processors, can run Linux, RTLinux, VxWorks, eCos, ITRON or cryptlib and is also supported by the Softune Integrated development environment and the GNU Compiler Collection34 or GNUPro
It is often used for image processing or video processing with most variants including a dual 16-bit media-processor5
The 2005 presented FR1000 uses a core with 8-way 256-bit VLIW MIMD filling its superpipeline as well as a 4-unit superscalar architecture Integer ALU-, Floating-point- and two media-processor-units, further increasing its peak performance of each core to up to 28 instructions per clock cycle Like other VLIW-architectures 1 way is needed to load the next 256-bit instruction: 7-ways usable Due to the used 4-way single instruction, multiple data SIMD vector processor-core, it counts to up to 112 data-operations per cycle and core6 The included 4-way vector processor units are a 32-bit integer arithmetic logic unit and floating point unit as well as a 16-bit media-processor, which can process up to twice the operations in parallel
The included integer- and floating-point unit enables the FR-V to execute complex tasks fully independent without need for help from a control unit; for example the Nikon EXPEED needs only a slowly clocked, quite simple Fujitsu FR controller as the main control unit for all included FR-V, DSP and GPU processors and data communication and other modules Some processors have integrated memory management unit MMU, allowing to run virtual multitasking operating systems also real-time operating systems with hardware memory protection
They are used to build the Milbeaut signal processors specialized for image processing,78 with the newest version additionally including an FR-V based HD video H264 codec engine910
The Milbeaut image engines are included in the Leica S2 and Leica M,11 Nikon DSLRs see Nikon EXPEED, some Pentax K mount12 cameras and for the Sigma True-II processor13
- ^ Fujitsu Scientific & Technical Journal: FR500 VLIW-architecture High-performance Embedded Microprocessor by Takao Sukemura
- ^ 8way VLIW CPU quad-core CPU Fujitsu Laboratories translated
- ^ FR-V Built-in Functions GNU Compiler Collection
- ^ The Definitive Guide to GCC By William von Hagen
- ^ Media Processor FR-V Family SoC Mounting Peripheral Fujitsu
- ^ Fujitsu: FR-V single-chip multicore processor: FR1000
- ^ Fujitsu Develops Multi-core Processor for High-Performance Digital Consumer Products
- ^ Fujitsu: Milbeaut Imaging Processors
- ^ Nikon: EXPEED3 D-SLR series
- ^ Fujitsu Releases 6th Generation of Milbeaut Imaging Processors
- ^ Fujitsu Microelectronics-Leica's Image Processing System Solution For High-End DSLR
- ^ Pentax hack: Hardware info
- ^ Sigmauser: TRUE Strengths Written by Stuart Dennison
- FR Family instruction manual PDF Fujitsu 2007-12-28
- Kevin Buettner; Alexandre Oliva; Richard Henderson 2008-03-01 The FR-V FDPIC ABI Version 10b Red Hat, Inc
- Alexandre Oliva; Aldy Hernandez 2004-12-10 The FR-V thread-local storage ABI Version 10 Red Hat, Inc
- Atsuhiro Suga; Kunihiko Matsunami July 2000 "Introducing the FR500 embedded microprocessor" PDF IEEE Micro 20 4: 21–27 doi:101109/40865863 Archived from the original PDF on 2011-07-20
- FR-V multi-media translated
fr v microprocessor 8085, fr v microprocessor 8086, fr v microprocessor architecture, fr v microprocessor vs microcontroller
FR-V (microprocessor) Information about
FR-V (microprocessor) viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.