Foodland is a 2010 Canadian comedy film written and directed by Adam Smoluk
- 1 Synopsis
- 2 Cast
- 3 Production
- 4 Release
- 5 Reception
- 6 References
- 7 External links
The story follows Trevor, a naive grocery clerk, as his life spirals out of control when he inadvertently helps Ian, his inept manager, rob the store When the money is lifted, they enlist the help of Glen Munn, a slimy, incompetent detective, to retrieve the stolen cash But events soon go awry and Trevor must now determine friend from foe, and get the cash back before it’s too late
- James Clayton as Trevor Wolnik
- Ross McMillan as Ian Cullmore
- Kim Poirier as Lucy Eklund
- Stephen Eric McIntyre as Glen Munn
- Aaron Merke as Rick
- Jason Malloy as Anthony
- Nancy Drake as Lesley
- Aaron Hughes as Cliff
- Kate Yacula as Vicki
- Alicia Johnston as Shelly
- Peter Jordan as George Leap
- Doreen Brownstone as Ian's Mother
Foodland is an 2010 Canadian film which was filmed in Winnipeg, Manitoba The script was selected for the National Screen Institute of Canada's Features First Program The film stars James Clayton, Ross McMillan and Kim Poirier It had its premiere in Winnipeg on December 9, 2010 and a limited run from January 5, 2011 The film is actor Kim Poirier's first time singing on screen in a feature film She sings a cover version of the classic song "You Made Me Love You I Didn't Want to Do It"
Super Channel, Canada’s only national English pay television network, premiered Foodland in October 2011 The network profiled the film in the Super Channel Gems selections Super Channel Gems are the place for viewers to find different and diverse discoveries “terrific hidden treasures that we’re sure you’re going to love” Foodland premiered on the IFC in March 2014
Winnipeg's foremost alternative weekly Uptown Magazine compared Foodland to the films of the Coen Brothers for the way its "twisty, often brilliant plotting seems to want to set records for sheer number of turns: the plot fishtails continuously to the final scene" Beyond that, Uptown also said that "Splendidly written Winnipeg indie comedy Foodland highlights what a good screenplay can do for a film"
An article in the Winnipeg Free Press highlighted the strong performances of the cast, "The particular triumph of Smoluk's film is that the performances are generally in sync with the Winnipeg milieu of the crime caper"
A positive review by the CBC's Alison Gilmor wrote, "In this offbeat crime caper by young local filmmaker Smoluk is working on a tight budget, but he gets quite a lot out of a little His cast is crackerjack and the flat, dead-of-winter Winnipeg setting is weirdly atmospheric"
- ^ "Jump Cuts » Playback" Playbackonlineca December 5, 2005 Retrieved December 30, 2010
- ^ "World premiere for Canadian film Foodland" Nsi-canadaca Retrieved December 30, 2010
- ^ Graham, Aaron February 2, 2009 "Welcome to Foodland" Uptown Magazine Retrieved April 22, 2010
- ^ "FOODLAND PREMIERES ON SUPER CHANNEL OCT 12" Super Channel On Screen Manitoba 11 October 2011 Archived from the original on 6 April 2012 Retrieved 11 October 2011
- ^ "Canadian indie Gem will have you rolling in the aisles - only on Super Channel" Super Channel Super Channel 11 October 2011 Archived from the original on 17 December 2011 Retrieved 23 December 2011
- ^ Laura Friesen March 28, 2014 "foodland premieres on ifc" National Screen institute of Canada pp National Screen Institute of Canada Retrieved 2014-03-28
- ^ Smith, Kenton December 30, 2010 "It's all in the gist" Uptown Magazine Winnipeg Retrieved December 30, 2010
- ^ King, Randall January 6, 2011 "Buy local: Filmmaker stocks his supermarket-set Foodland with Winnipeg actors" Winnipeg Free Press Winnipeg Retrieved January 6, 2011
- ^ Gillmor, Alison January 7, 2011 "Gillmor on film" CBC News Winnipeg Retrieved January 7, 2011
- Official website
- Foodland on IMDb
Foodland (film) Information about
Foodland (film) viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.