FI Holdings–House of Dawda Groupfi holdings–house of dawda group of companies
The Dawda Group is a privately owned conglomerate in Uganda
- 1 Overview
- 2 History
- 3 Subsidiary companies
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
According to a 2001 published report, the Dawda Group was mainly involved in the manufacture of fruit juices, beverages, mineral water, confectionery and the distribution of cosmetics, hardware, and pharmaceuticals The group is also involved in the growing of organic cotton The conglomerate has its headquarters and majority of its businesses in Uganda, with manufacturing plants in Kenya, and distributes ts products in the countries of the East African Community, as well as exporting to Europe and Asia
The group traces its beginnings to 1962, when its founder chairman, Hasmukh Dawda, began a trading business in neighboring Kenya Having dropped out of school at age 13, he first began trading in confectioneries, before he eventually raised enough capital to start manufacturing his own
In 2002, the group acquired the Kenyan business formerly known as House of Manji, which was under receivership After reviving the business, it was renamed Manji Food Industries Limited That same year, House of Dawda Group affiliated itself with the Luxembourg-based FI Holding Company, which has interests in several African countries The group name was changed to FI Holdings–House of Dawda Group, to reflect the new shareholding
The subsidiary companies of the group include, but are not limited to, the following businesses:
" Britannia Allied Industries Limited: Ntinda, Uganda - Manufacturer of confectioneries, fruit juices, artificial drinks, mineral water and sauces
- Uganda Pharmaceuticals Limited: Kampala, Uganda - Pharmaceutical distributor and retailer
- Manji Foods Limited: Nairobi, Kenya - Manufacturer of confectioneries
- Masaaba Cotton Company: Mbale, Uganda - Exporter of premium roller lint to Europe, the Far East, and Japan
- Kyoga Cotton Company: Lira, Uganda - Exporter of premium roller lint to Europe, the Far East, and Japan
- List of conglomerates in Uganda
- Kampala Capital City Authority
- List of wealthiest people in Uganda
- ^ a b c d Directory 3 February 2016 "FI Holdings–House of Dawda Group: Overview" Kampala: Directoryugocoug Retrieved 3 February 2016
- ^ Kalyabe, Milly 2 June 2001 "Uganda: UBl, House of Dawda in Joint Venture" New Vision via AllAfricacom Kampala Retrieved 3 February 2016
- ^ a b c Koigi, Robert "Innovation mints billions for Manji biscuit-makers" Business Daily Africa Nairobi Retrieved 3 February 2016
- ^ Muiruri, Grace 2005 "From the cotton fields to House of Manji and produce exporter" Nairobi: Smartfarmerkenyacom Archived from the original on 7 February 2016 Retrieved 3 February 2016
- ^ Directory 3 February 2016 "House of Dawda Limited, Nairobi, Kenya" Africa Business Pages Retrieved 3 February 2016
- ^ "Embassy of Republic of Uganda In Libya: House of Dawda" Tripoli: Ugandan Embassy In Libya UEL 2015 Retrieved 3 February 2016
- House Of Dawda Donates To Children
fi holdings–house of dawda group of companies
FI Holdings–House of Dawda Group Information about
FI Holdings–House of Dawda Group
FI Holdings–House of Dawda Group
FI Holdings–House of Dawda Group viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.