Fetal fibronectinfetal fibronectin test, fetal fibronectin
Fetal fibronectin fFN is a fibronectin protein produced by fetal cells It is found at the interface of the chorion and the decidua between the fetal sac and the uterine lining
It can be thought of as an adhesive or "biological glue" that binds the fetal sac to the uterine lining
- 1 Screening test
- 2 See also
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Fetal fibronectin "leaks" into the vagina if a preterm delivery is likely to occur and can be measured in a screening test
Testing will produce a negative or a positive result When the fFN test is positive, the result is an excellent predictor of preterm labor risk A negative result means that there is little possibility of preterm labour within the next 7 to 10 days, and the test can be repeated weekly for women who remain at high risk A negative fetal fibronectin says that a patient has less than 5% chance of giving birth in the next two weeks A positive result is a less reliable indicator that a woman will go into preterm labor A systematic review of the medical literature found that fetal fibronectin is a good predictor of spontaneous preterm birth before cervical dilation The test may be run on patients between 22 and 34 weeks gestation
The test is easily performed and is usually painless A specimen is collected from the patient using a vaginal swab The swab is placed in a transport tube and sent to a laboratory for testing Most labs can easily produce a result in less than one hour
A false positive fetal fibronectin result can occur if the test is performed after digital examination of the cervix or after having had intercourse It is important that the swab be taken before a digital vaginal exam is performed
- Fibronectin type II domain
- Premature labor
- ^ Mayo Clinic Staff Accessed 3/19/2016 http://wwwmayoclinicorg/tests-procedures/fetal-fibronectin/basics/definition/prc-20014483
- ^ Lockwood CJ, Senyei AE, Dische MR, et al 1991 "Fetal fibronectin in cervical and vaginal secretions as a predictor of preterm delivery" N Engl J Med 325 10: 669–74 doi:101056/NEJM199109053251001 PMID 1870640
- ^ Farquharson D, Skoll A Fetal fibronectin BCRCP Perspectives, Winter 2004 Available at: http://wwwrcpgovbcca/whatsnew_pdfs/fibronectinpdf Accessed on: December 25, 2007 Archived September 20, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- ^ Honest H, Bachmann LM, Gupta JK, Kleijnen J, Khan KS Accuracy of cervicovaginal fetal fibronectin test in predicting risk of spontaneous preterm birth: systematic review BMJ 2002 Aug 10;3257359:301 PMID 12169504 Free Full Text
- Fetal fibronectin - babycentercom
- Fibronectin Test - FibronectinTestcouk
fetal fibronectin, fetal fibronectin analyzer, fetal fibronectin collection, fetal fibronectin kit, fetal fibronectin negative, fetal fibronectin positive result, fetal fibronectin preterm labor, fetal fibronectin procedure, fetal fibronectin swab, fetal fibronectin test
Fetal fibronectin Information about
Fetal fibronectin viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.