Fernanda Viégasfernanda viegas, dr viegas our family doctor
Fernanda Bertini Viégas born 1971 is a Brazilian scientist and designer, whose work focuses on the social, collaborative, and artistic aspects of information visualization
- 1 Biography
- 2 Work
- 21 Social visualization
- 22 Collective intelligence and public visualization
- 23 Art
- 3 Publications
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Viégas received a PhD in Media Arts and Sciences from the MIT Media Lab in 2005 The same year she began work at the Cambridge, Massachusetts location of IBM's Thomas J Watson Research Center as part of the Visual Communication Lab
In April 2010, she and Martin M Wattenberg started a new venture called Flowing Media, Inc, to focus on visualization aimed at consumers and mass audiences Four months later, both of them joined Google as the co-leaders of the Google's "Big Picture" data visualization group in Cambridge, MA
Viégas began her research while at the MIT Media Lab, focusing on graphical interfaces for online communication Her Chat Circles system introduced ideas such as proximity-based filtering of conversation and a visual archive of chat history displaying the overall rhythm and form of a conversation Her email visualization designs including PostHistory and Themail are the foundation for many other systems; her findings on how visualizations are often used for storytelling influenced subsequent work on the collaborative aspects of visualization While at MIT, she also studied usage of Usenet and blogs
Collective intelligence and public visualizationFernanda Viégas, "Chromogram," 2006
A second stream of work, in partnership with Martin Wattenberg, centers on collective intelligence and the public use of data visualization
Her work with visualizations such as History Flow and Chromogram led to some of the earliest publications on the dynamics of Wikipedia, including the first scientific study of the repair of vandalism
Viégas is one of the founders of IBM's experimental Many Eyes web site, created in 2007, which seeks to make visualization technology accessible to the public In addition to broad uptake from individuals, the technology from Many Eyes has been used by nonprofits and news outlets such as the New York Times Visualization Lab
Viégas is also known for her artistic work, which explores the medium of visualization for explorations of emotionally charged digital data An early example is Artifacts of the Presence Era, an interactive installation at the Boston Center for the Arts in 2003, which featured a video-based timeline of visitor interactions with the museum She often works with Martin Wattenburg to visualize emotionally charged information An example of these works is their piece "Web Seer", which is a visualization of gole suggest The Fleshmap series started in 2008 uses visualization to portray aspects of sensuality, and includes work on the web, video, and installations In 2012, she launched the Wind Map project, which displays continuously updated forecasts of wind patterns across the United States
- Chat Circles Fernanda B Viégas and Judith Donath ACM Conference on Computer-Human Interaction CHI, 1999
- Visualizing Conversations, Judith Donath, Karrie Karahalios and Fernanda B Viégas Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, Vol 4, Number 4, June 1999
- Studying Cooperation and Conflict between Authors with history flow Visualizations Fernanda B Viégas, Martin Wattenberg, and Kushal Dave ACM Conference on Computer-Human Interaction CHI, 2004
- Many Eyes: A Site for Visualization at Internet Scale Fernanda B Viégas, Martin Wattenberg, Frank van Ham, Jesse Kriss, Matt McKeon IEEE Symposium on Information Visualization, 2007
- "Luscious" Fernanda Viégas & Martin Wattenberg Book chapter in Net Works: Case Studies in Web Art and Design Ed xtine burrough, Routledge 2011
- "Beautiful History" Fernanda Viégas & Martin Wattenberg Book chapter in Beautiful Visualization: Looking at Data Through the Eyes of Experts Ed Julie Steele, Noah Iliinsky O'Reilly Media, 2010
- ^ "A New Chapter — Visual Hint" Hintfm Retrieved 2010-09-04
- ^ "That was fast! — Visual Hint" Hintfm Retrieved 2010-09-04
- ^ "Fernanda B Viégas" Fernandaviegascom 2008-08-31 Retrieved 2010-09-04
- ^ Chat Circles Fernanda B Viégas and Judith Donath ACM Conference on Computer-Human Interaction CHI, 1999
- ^ Baby Names, Visualization, and Social Data Analysis Martin Wattenberg InfoVis 2005
- ^ Jeffrey Rosen, Your Blog or Mine, New York Times Magazine, December 19, 2004
- ^ 2004: Studying Cooperation and Conflict between Authors with history flow Visualizations Fernanda B Viégas, Martin Wattenberg, and Kushal Dave ACM Conference on Computer-Human Interaction CHI
- ^ Anne Eisenberg, Lines and Bubbles and Bars, Oh My! New Ways to Sift Data, New York Times, August 30, 2008
- ^ Folha de SPaulo, Many Eyes é criação de brasileira, November 1, 2008'
- ^ New York Times Visualization Lab
- ^ http://fernandaviegascom/arthtml
- ^ Cate McQuaid, Inside squash: art and sport confined, Boston Globe, April 29, 2009
- ^ "The Week In Ideas - On With The Wind", The Wall Street Journal, April 6, 2012
- ^ Chat Circles
- ^ Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication
- ^ CHI 2004
- ^ IEEE Xplor
- ^ Net Works: Case Studies In Web Art and Design http://wwwroutledgecom/books/details/9780415882224/
- ^ Beautiful Visualization: Looking at Data Through the Eyes of Experts http://shoporeillycom/product/0636920000617do
- Fernanda B Viégas Personal home page for Viégas
- Academic publications listed on IBM's site
- Many Eyes Experimental public visualization site
- History flow Project page for Wikipedia visualizations
dr viegas, dr viegas crystal lake il, dr viegas cypress, dr viegas little rock arkansas, dr viegas our family doctor, dr viegas winter haven fl, dr. viegas in greenwood indiana, fernanda viegas, fernanda viegas and martin wattenberg, fernanda viegas wattenberg dating
Fernanda Viégas Information about
Fernanda Viégas viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.