The feral subculture is a counter-cultural social movement originating in the latter part of the twentieth century, mainly centred in Australia The movement reached its heyday in the mid 1990s, in parallel with other similar movements in Europe and elsewhere In common with those movements, the feral phenomenon can be seen as part of the wider counterculture In Australia, the ferals are often seen as an amalgam of the punk and hippie subcultures, with a radical environmental philosophy The movement, during the 1990s, was the subject of national attention, and as a phenomenon has been the subject of anthropological attention as a characteristically Australian "alternative lifestyle"
"Going Tribal", a documentary by Light Source Films, examined the subculture in 1995
The feral movement is strongly associated with radical environmentalism and a communal lifestyle, with many members residing on multiple occupancy properties In common with the hippies before them, many members of the feral movement rely on a system of crash pads, squats, and extended networks of "friends of friends" throughout Australia to travel with a minimum of financial outlay Although the itinerant lifestyle and environmental beliefs most associated with the feral movement are akin to those of the earlier hippie movement, the ferals adopted a confrontational, politically charged style of dress, music, and philosophy more often associated with the punk movement
- Gutter punk
- Crust punk
- Hardcore punk
- Hardline subculture
- Straight edge
- ^ Cohen, Green Fire, Angus and Robertson, 1996
- ^ wwwferalcherylcomau Archived 21 October 2019 at the Wayback Machine, retrieved Tuesday, 19, 2010
- ^ a b Murray ibid; and W Gibbs, "Feral Aussie families: they live in trees and eat wattle seeds", Woman’s Day, 13 February 1995, pp 12-13
- ^ St John, G 1997 Going feral: authentica on the edge of Australian culture The Australian Journal of Anthropology 82: 167-189
- ^ "Archived copy" Archived from the original on 20 November 2010 Retrieved 26 June 2010CS1 maint: archived copy as title linkmw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-right
- ^ "Archived copy" Archived from the original on 6 January 2009 Retrieved 21 January 2010CS1 maint: archived copy as title link
- ^ "Archived copy" PDF Archived PDF from the original on 11 September 2009 Retrieved 21 January 2010CS1 maint: archived copy as title link
- James Luchte 2012 Of the Feral Children London: Createspace ISBN 1479294888
- St John, G Dr 2000, Alternative Cultural Heterotopia:ConFest as Australia's Marginal Centre, School of Sociology, Politics and Anthropology, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia
- St John, G 1999 Ferality: A Life of Grime The UTS Review - Cultural Studies and New Writing, 52: 101-13
- St John G Ferals: Terra-ism and Radical Ecologism in Australia
Feral (subculture) Information about
Feral (subculture) viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.