Felix Weltschfelix weltschmerz, felix weltsch equipment
Felix Weltsch, Dr jur et phil 6 October 1884, Prague – 9 November 1964, Jerusalem, was a German-speaking Jewish librarian, philosopher, author, editor, publisher and journalist A close friend of Max Brod and Franz Kafka, he was one of the most important Zionists in Bohemia
- 1 Life
- 2 Influence
- 3 Works
- 4 References
Born in Prague then in Austria-Hungary, Weltsch studied Law and Philosophy at the Charles University He lived and worked in Prague until 15 March 1939, and left the city with Max Brod and his family on the last train out of Czechoslovakia In what at his arrival was Palestine and later the state of Israel, he worked as a librarian in Jerusalem until his death in 1964
He had one daughter, Ruth Weltsch 1920–1991, with his wife Irma Herz 1892–1969 They married in August 1914 The publisher, journalist and important Zionist Robert Weltsch was Felix Weltsch's cousin, and the Prague-born concert pianist Alice Herz-Sommer, who performed in and survived Theresienstadt at her death the world's oldest Holocaust survivor, was his sister-in-law
Weltsch's works around deal with the subjects of Ethics, Politics and Philosophy For his ethical and political publications Weltsch received the Ruppin-Prize from the city of Haifa in 1952 His most important work was the Jewish-Zionist weekly paper Selbstwehr self-defense, which he led from 1919 until 1938 With this work and hundreds of articles he became one of the most important personalities in Jewish life next to Martin Buber, Chaim Weizmann and Hugo Bergmann, his early school friend
Weltsch wrote remarkable essays on philosophers like Henri Bergson and Christian von Ehrenfels, who was the most influential teacher for Weltsch This was in so far unusual, as most of Weltsch's colleagues and student friends were more following the ideas of Franz Brentano But people like Bergman and Martin Buber called him a self-thinking, independent philosopher His influence and help to many others was great, but his role as a cultural consultant is not known to many also due to his shyness The friendship to Kafka lasted 20 years, and the friendship to Max Brod lasted 75 years from the Piarist school in Prague to Weltschs death in 1964
- Anschauung und Begriff, 1913 Co-author, Max Brod
- Organische Demokratie, 1918
- Gnade und Freiheit Untersuchungen zum Problem des schöpferischen Willens in Religion und Ethik, Munich 1920
- Nationalismus und Judentum, Berlin 1920
- Zionismus als Weltanschauung, Jerusalem 1925 Co-author, Max Brod
- Judenfrage und Zionismus, 1929
- Antisemitismus als Völkerhysterie, 1931
- Thesen des Nationalhumanismus, 1934
- Das Rätsel des Lachens, 1935
- Das Wagnis der Mitte, 1937
- Die Dialektik des Leidens Ha-Di’alektikah shel ha-Sevel, 1944
- Natur, Moral und Politik Teva, Musar u-Mediniyyut, 1950
- Religion und Humor im Leben und Werk Franz Kafkas, 1957
- Carsten Schmidt: Kafkas fast unbekannter Freund Kafka's nearly unknown friend Biography on Felix Weltsch Publisher: Koenigshausen & Neumann, Germany 2010, ISBN 978-3-8260-4274-4
felix weltsch, felix weltsch equipment, felix weltsch juli, felix weltschildkroetentag, felix weltschmers, felix weltschmerz
Felix Weltsch Information about
Felix Weltsch viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.