FeedBurner is a web feed management provider launched in 2004 FeedBurner was founded by Dick Costolo, Eric Lunt, Steve Olechowski, and Matt Shobe Costolo is a University of Michigan graduate, and was CEO of Twitter from 2010 to 2015 FeedBurner provides custom RSS feeds and management tools to bloggers, podcasters, and other web-based content publishers
- 1 Services
- 2 History
- 3 Technical problems
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Services provided to publishers include traffic analysis and an optional advertising system Though it initially was not clear whether advertising would be well-suited to the RSS format, authors now choose to include advertising in two-thirds of FeedBurner's feeds Users can find out how many people have subscribed to their feeds and with what service/program they subscribed
Published feeds are modified in several ways, including automatic links to Digg and delicious, and "splicing" information from multiple feeds FeedBurner is a typical Web 20 service, providing web service application programming interfaces APIs to allow other software to interact with it As of October 5, 2007, FeedBurner hosted over a million feeds for 584,832 publishers, including 142,534 podcast and videocast feeds
On June 3, 2007, FeedBurner was acquired by Google Inc, for a rumored price of $100 million One month later, two of their popular "Pro" services MyBrand and TotalStats were made free to all users
On May 26, 2011, Google announced that the FeedBurner APIs were deprecated Google shut down the APIs on October 20, 2012
Google "retired" AdSense for Feeds on October 2, 2012 and shut it down on December 3, 2012
One frequent perceived technical problem with FeedBurner is the reduced number of subscribers being reported for the blogs using the service This is not actually a technical problem with FeedBurner, but by the feed readers and aggregators that report to FeedBurner, as FeedBurner collects and tallies from those partners Usually this problem is connected with one specific RSS reader or client In April 2009, for example, FeedBurner was having problems reporting subscribers using the Google Feedfetcher service Regular Feedburner Help Group forum users report feed delivery problems and Google does not provide any support for FeedBurner
- ^ "Helping publishers, bloggers get the word out" Chicago Sun-Times 2005-09-06 Archived from the original on March 17, 2006 Retrieved 2006-08-10
- ^ "Mining For Data In Blogs" TechWeb 2006-07-17 Archived from the original on July 20, 2006 Retrieved 2006-08-10 CS1 maint:Unfit url link
- ^ "Advertisers Muscle Into RSS" Wired News 2004-11-18 Retrieved 2006-08-10
- ^ "FeedBurner buys BlogBeat, expanding blog analysis" Reuters 2006-07-17 Retrieved 2006-08-10
- ^ "The Feed Thickens" Flickr 2004-07-14 Retrieved 2006-08-10
- ^ "About FeedBurner" FeedBurnercom Retrieved 2007-09-30
- ^ "Techcrunch confirms Google buyout of FeedBurner"
- ^ "FreeBurner for Everyone" FeedBurner Archived from the original on February 16, 2009 Retrieved 2007-10-27 Beginning today, two of FeedBurner's previously for-pay services, TotalStats and MyBrand, will be free
- ^ "Spring cleaning for some of our APIs" Google Code Retrieved 2011-05-27 These APIs are now deprecated but have no scheduled shutdown date:Code Search API, Diacritize API, Feedburner APIs, Finance API, Power Meter API, Sidewiki API, Wave API
- ^ "FeedBurner API Deprecated" Google Code Retrieved 2012-09-11 Important:The Google Feedburner APIs have been officially deprecated as of May 26, 2011 will be shut down on October 20, 2012
- ^ "Continues:Google Kills AdSense For Feeds" TechCrunch September 28, 2012 Retrieved September 29, 2012
- ^ "Reduced subscribers reported by Google Feedfetcher" The Feedburner Status Blog 2009-03-09 Retrieved 2009-04-16
- Official website
feedburner, feedburner account, feedburner alternatives, feedburner email subscription, feedburner nc pick 3 forum, feedburner.com, feedburner.google.com, http://feedburner.google.com, www.feedburner.com, www.feedburner.google.com
FeedBurner Information about
FeedBurner viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge.The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.