Fay Dowkerfay dowker, fay dowker husband
Helen Fay Dowker /ˈdaʊkər/; born 9 September 1965 is a British physicist who is the current professor of theoretical physics at Imperial College London
- 1 Education
- 2 Career and research
- 3 Personal life
- 4 References
As a student, she was interested in wormholes and quantum cosmology Having studied the Mathematical Tripos at the University of Cambridge, Dowker was awarded the Tyson Medal in 1987 and completed her Doctor of Philosophy for research on spacetime wormholes supervised by Stephen Hawking in 1990
Career and research
Dowker completed postdoctoral research at Fermilab, at the University of California, Santa Barbara and also the California Institute of Technology
She is currently a Professor of Theoretical Physics and a member of the Theoretical Physics Group at Imperial College London and an Affiliate of the Institute for Quantum Computing She conducts research in a number of areas of theoretical physics including quantum gravity and causal set theory
Dowker was previously[when] a lecturer at Queen Mary University of London
Dowker is the daughter of physicist Stuart Dowker, who worked at the University of Manchester She was interviewed by Jim Al-Khalili for The Life Scientific in 2017
She delivered the eulogy at Stephen Hawking's funeral, describing him as her "teacher, mentor and friend" and asserting that "his influence and legacy will live forever"
- ^ a b c Dowker, Helen Fay 1990 Space-time wormholes ethosbluk PhD thesis University of Cambridge OCLC 839406193
- ^ a b c Al-Khalili, Jim 2017 "Fay Dowker on a new theory of space-time" BBC
- ^ a b Fay Dowker at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- ^ Fay Dowker publications indexed by the Scopus bibliographic database, a service provided by Elsevier subscription required
- ^ Dowker, Fay; Gauntlett, Jerome P; Kastor, David A; Traschen, Jennie 1994 "Pair creation of dilaton black holes" Physical Review D 49 6: 2909 arXiv:hep-th/9309075 Bibcode:1994PhRvD492909D doi:101103/PhysRevD492909
- ^ Dowker, Fay; Gauntlett, Jerome P; Giddings, Steven B; Horowitz, Gary T 1994 "Pair creation of extremal black holes and Kaluza-Klein monopoles" Physical Review D 50 4: 2662 arXiv:hep-th/9312172 Bibcode:1994PhRvD502662D doi:101103/PhysRevD502662
- ^ Dowker, Fay; Gauntlett, Jerome P; Gibbons, Gary W; Horowitz, Gary T 1995 "Decay of magnetic fields in Kaluza-Klein theory" Physical Review D 52 12: 6929 arXiv:hep-th/9507143 Bibcode:1995PhRvD526929D doi:101103/PhysRevD526929
- ^ Fay Dowker on IMDb
- ^ "Former Students" hawkingorguk Stephen Hawking Archived from the original on 2009-02-28
- ^ Dowker, Fay Page at Imperial College London
- ^ Dowker, Fay Personal webpage last updated 2003 Archived 9 April 2006 at the Wayback Machine
- ^ Dowker, Fay 2013 "Introduction to causal sets and their phenomenology" General Relativity and Gravitation 45 9: 1651 Bibcode:2013GReGr451651D doi:101007/s10714-013-1569-y
- ^ Dowker, Fay; Glaser, Lisa 2013 "Causal set d'Alembertians for various dimensions" Classical and Quantum Gravity 30 19: 195016 arXiv:13052588 Bibcode:2013CQGra30s5016D doi:101088/0264-9381/30/19/195016
- ^ Afshordi, Niayesh; Buck, Michel; Dowker, Fay; Rideout, David; Sorkin, Rafael D; Yazdi, Yasaman K 2012 "A ground state for the causal diamond in 2 dimensions" Journal of High Energy Physics 2012 10 arXiv:12077101 Bibcode:2012JHEP10088A doi:101007/JHEP102012088
- ^ Anon 2015 "Stuart Dowker" University of Manchester Archived from the original on 18 May 2017
- ^ Dowker, Fay; Elizalde, Emilio; Kirsten, Klaus 2012 "Applications of zeta functions and other spectral functions in mathematics and physics: a special issue in honour of Stuart Dowker's 75th birthday" Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical 45 37: 370301 Bibcode:2012JPhA45a0101D doi:101088/1751-8113/45/37/370301 ISSN 1751-8113
- ^ "Prof Stephen Hawking funeral: Legacy 'will live forever'" BBC News 31 March 2018
|This article about a physicist of the United Kingdom is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it|
fay dowker, fay dowker husband, helen fay dowker, photos of fay dowker, professor fay dowker
Fay Dowker Information about
Fay Dowker viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.