Executive sessionexecutive session robert's rules of order, executive session
An executive session is a portion of the United States Senate's daily session in which it considers nominations and treaties, or other items introduced by the President of the United States These items are termed executive business; therefore, the session is an executive session It can either be closed door or open door Historically, as a courtesy to the President, such sessions were always held behind closed doors, but this custom has been abandoned in modern times The term "executive session" is still employed to refer to closed-door committee meetings, whether or not they are considering executive business In any case, those present in an executive session are sworn to secrecy
An executive session may also be used in other legislatures
Use in organizations
More generally, an executive session is a term for any block within an otherwise open meeting often of a board of directors in which minutes are taken separately, outsiders are not present, and the contents of the discussion are treated as confidential see in camera In a deliberative assembly, an executive session has come to mean that the proceedings are secret and members could be punished for violating the secrecy The business that is conducted in executive session could include legal issues, formation of contracts, disciplinary hearings, or personnel issues
- Closed session of the United States Congress
- Closed sessions of the United States House of Representatives
- Closed sessions of the United States Senate
- Meeting parliamentary procedure
- ^ "United States Senate Manual, 106th Congress-Rule XXXI:EXECUTIVE SESSION--PROCEEDINGS ON NOMINATIONS" wwwgpogov Retrieved 2016-01-30
- ^ "executive session glossary term" wwwsenategov Retrieved 2016-01-30
- ^ "EXECUTIVE SESSIONS - Rules of the Senate - United States Senate Committee on Rules and Administration" wwwrulessenategov Retrieved 2016-01-31
- ^ "General Laws: CHAPTER 30A, Section 21" malegislaturegov The General Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Retrieved 2016-01-30
- ^ "Rules of the Senate - Senate of the Philippines RULE XLVII - EXECUTIVE SESSION" wwwsenategovph Senate of the Philippines Retrieved 2016-01-30
- ^ Carter, J Burgess November 12, 2014 "Liberia: Senate Rushes Into Executive Session" allAfricacom Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media Liberian Observer Retrieved 2016-01-30
- ^ "Frequently Asked Questions about RONR Question 17" The Official Robert's Rules of Order Web Site The Robert's Rules Association Retrieved 2016-01-31
- ^ Robert, Henry M; et al 2011 Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised 11th ed Philadelphia, PA: Da Capo Press pp 95–96 ISBN 978-0-306-82020-5
- ^ "Executive Session Defined" wwwdavis-stirlingcom Retrieved 2016-01-30
- ^ "The Who, When, and Why of Board Executive Sessions" wwwasaecenterorg Retrieved 2016-01-30
- ^ "Should the Board Hold Executive Sessions | Blue Avocado" wwwblueavocadoorg Retrieved 2016-01-30
|Websites House of Representatives Senate|
executive session, executive session board meeting, executive session board of directors, executive session guidelines, executive session meaning, executive session minutes, executive session personnel matters, executive session reasons, executive session robert's rules of order, executive session rules
Executive session Information about
Executive session viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.