Estratetraenol, also known as estra-1,3,510,16-tetraen-3-ol, is an endogenous steroid found in women that has been described as having pheromone-like activities in primates, including humans Estratetraenol is synthesized from androstadienone by aromatase likely in the ovaries, and is related to the estrogen sex hormones, yet has no known estrogenic effects It was first identified from the urine of pregnant women
Estratetraenyl acetate, or estra-1,3,510,16-tetraen-3-yl acetate, is a more potent synthetic derivative of estratetraenol
Estratetraenol is an estrane C18 steroid and an analogue of estradiol where the C17β hydroxyl group has been removed and a double bond has been formed between the C16 and C17 positions
- List of neurosteroids § Pheromones and pherines
- ^ Thysen, B; Elliott, WH; Katzman, PA 1968 "Identification of estra-1,3,510,16-tetraen-3-ol estratetraenol from the urine of pregnant women 1" Steroids 11 1: 73–87 doi:101016/S0039-128X6880052-2 PMID 4295975
- ^ Laska, M; Wieser, A; Salazar, LT 2006 "Sex-specific differences in olfactory sensitivity for putative human pheromones in nonhuman primates" Journal of Comparative Psychology 120 2: 106–12 doi:101037/0735-70361202106 PMID 16719588
- ^ Jacob, S; Hayreh, DJ; McClintock, MK 2001 "Context-dependent effects of steroid chemosignals on human physiology and mood" Physiology & Behavior 74 1–2: 15–27 doi:101016/S0031-93840100537-6 PMID 11564447
- ^ Savic, I; Berglund, H; Gulyas, B; Roland, P 2001 "Smelling of odorous sex hormone-like compounds causes sex-differentiated hypothalamic activations in humans" Neuron 31 4: 661–8 doi:101016/S0896-62730100390-7 PMID 11545724
- ^ Berglund, H; Lindström, P; Savic, I 2006 "Brain response to putative pheromones in lesbian women" Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 103 21: 8269–74 doi:101073/pnas0600331103 PMC 1570103 PMID 16705035
- ^ Berglund, H; Lindström, P; Dhejne-Helmy, C; Savic, I 2008 "Male-to-female transsexuals show sex-atypical hypothalamus activation when smelling odorous steroids" Cerebral cortex New York, NY : 1991 18 8: 1900–8 doi:101093/cercor/bhm216 PMID 18056697
- ^ Joseph Johannes; Agnes Maria Weusten 1989 Biochemical pathways in human testicular steroidogenesis PDF Pressa Trajectina
- ^ Thysen B, Elliott WH, Katzman PA 1968 "Identification of estra-1,3,510,16-tetraen-3-ol estratetraenol from the urine of pregnant women 1" Steroids 11 1: 73–87 doi:101016/s0039-128x6880052-2 PMID 4295975
- ^ Lundström 2005 Human pheromones : psychological and neurological modulation of a putative human pheromone Uppsala: Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis p 17 ISBN 91-554-6297-9
|This biochemistry article is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
Estratetraenol Information about
Estratetraenol viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.