Esplanade Rielesplanade riel, esplanade riel bridge
Esplanade Riel is a pedestrian bridge located in Winnipeg, Manitoba It was named in honour of Louis Riel
It is a side-spar cable-stayed bridge which spans the Red River connecting downtown Winnipeg with St Boniface; it is paired with a vehicular bridge, the Provencher Bridge The bridge includes an architectural composite tower that is prestressed with a cantilevered and stayed semi-circular plaza area at the base of the tower The plaza provides space for commercial activities and as well as a restaurantEsplanade Riel with the Provencher Bridge to the left
The Esplanade Riel is the only bridge with a restaurant in North America Its first restaurant was a Salisbury House Salisbury House is a chain restaurant local to Winnipeg The next tenant was Chez Sophie sur le pont on the bridge, which opened in the summer of 2013 and closed in February 2015 The Esplanade Riel has become a landmark and is used in many promotional materials
Opened to foot traffic in 2003 and having a grand opening in the summer of 2004, the Esplanade Riel was designed by Colin Douglas Stewart of Wardrop Engineering and the architect Étienne Gaboury The original drawing, stamped by Colin Douglas Stewart, rests in the Engineering building of the University of Manitoba in Winnipeg
The Esplanade Riel was built as part of the Provencher Twin Bridges project, a $72 million project which included a new four-lane divided vehicular bridge as well as new roadways and sidewalks linking the bridges to Downtown Winnipeg and Waterfront Drive
In January 2013 the City of Winnipeg terminated the lease with Salisbury House and in March the city approved a five-year lease agreement with the French restaurant Chez Sophie sur le pont The original Chez Sophie, founded in 2005, is located on Avenue de la Cathedrale The restaurants are operated by Stephane and Sophie Wild, who are from the Alsace region of France Chez Sophie closed on February 2, 2015
Mon Ami Louis opened as the new tenant in July 2015, serving more "approachable" fare, as opposed to haute cuisine
- ^ a b c d "Esplanade Riel Pedestrian Bridge, Winnipeg, Manitoba" DYWIDAG-Systems International Retrieved 8 August 2012
- ^ "Esplanade Riel Pedestrian Bridge" Tourism Winnipeg Retrieved 8 August 2012
- ^ "Toilet gets mayor in hot water with Taxpayers" CBC News 19 May 2003 Retrieved 8 August 2012
- ^ "Winnipeg's Legendary Salisbury House Celebrates its 80th Anniversary in 2011" Archived from the original on 12 April 2012 Retrieved 9 August 2012
- ^ http://wwwwinnipegfreepresscom/local/Chez-Sophie-on-the-Esplanade-Riel-bridge-is-closing-down-290584371html Winnipeg Free Press Chez Sophie on the Esplanade Riel Bridge is Closing Down" retrieved 2015 03 20
- ^ http://wwwciaowinnipegcom/images/WEG_Rielpdf
- ^ "Esplanade Riel opens to public" City of Winnipeg 30 December 2003 Retrieved 8 August 2012
- ^ Skerritt, Jen 4 March 2013 "Chez Sophie approved as new tenant on Esplanade Riel" Winnipeg Free Press Retrieved 4 March 2013
- ^ http://wwwwinnipegsuncom/2015/07/21/mon-ami-louis-opens-on-esplanade-riel
- Media related to Esplanade Riel at Wikimedia Commons
esplanade riel, esplanade riel and human rights, esplanade riel bridge, esplanade riel pedestrian bridge winnipeg, esplanade riel winnipeg
Esplanade Riel Information about
Esplanade Riel viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.