Ernst Märzendorferernst märzendorfer
Ernst Märzendorfer 26 May 1921 – 16 September 2009 was an Austrian conductor
Märzendorfer was born in Oberndorf bei Salzburg He studied with Clemens Krauss at the Mozarteum in Salzburg, and was appointed as first conductor of the Graz Opera in 1945 He conducted at the Teatro Colón in Buenos Aires in the early 1950s In 1954 he became a guest conductor at the Salzburg Festival From 1953 to 1958, he was the principal conductor of the Mozarteum Orchestra of Salzburg, and led several tours with the orchestra, including a highly acclaimed American tour
He was appointed musical director of the Salzburg Festival in Hellbrunn in 1976, where his highlights included twenty stage works by Jacques Offenbach He was permanent conductor at the Vienna State Opera in from 1961, and often appeared at the Berlin State Opera In 1979 he revived Franz Schmidt's opera Fredigundis
He died aged 88 in Vienna
Märzendorfer's first performances of Richard Strauss's works included:
- the New York premiere of Capriccio
- the Rome premiere of Der Rosenkavalier
- the Berlin premiere of Die Frau ohne Schatten
- the Salzburg premiere of Strauss's last opera Des Esels Schatten left incomplete by Strauss; orchestrated and completed by Karl Haussner
- the Vienna premiere of the first version of the symphonic poem Macbeth
His Richard Wagner premieres included:
- the first performances in Naples and Rome of Siegfried
- the Berlin premiere of Parsifal
Other premieres were:
- the world premieres of Hans Werner Henze's Tancredi and The Idiot in Vienna, and
- the Vienna State Opera premiere of Igor Stravinsky's Les noces
Recordings of note included:
- The first complete set of Haydn symphonies, which were virtually unknown due to limited US-only distribution
- Vincenzo Bellini: I Capuleti e i Montecchi
- Georges Bizet: Carmen
- Emilio de' Cavalieri: Rappresentatione di Anima, et di Corpo
- Gaetano Donizetti: Lucia di Lammermoor
- Giacomo Meyerbeer: Les Huguenots
- Giuseppe Verdi: Aida, La traviata and Nabucco
- Harp concertos by Mozart, Boieldieu, Rodrigo, Handel, Spohr and others, with Nicanor Zabaleta
- Alberto Ginastera: Piano Concerto No 1
- he recorded volumes 3, 4, 7, 10, 12 and 18 of the complete edition of Johann Strauss I's works with the Slovak Sinfonietta, and volume 17 of the music of Josef Strauss, with the Kosice Slovak State Philharmonic Orchestra
- ^ Austrian Times
- ^ a b c Naxos
- ^ Caryl Clark 24 November 2005 The Cambridge Companion to Haydn Cambridge University Press p 252 ISBN 978-0-521-83347-9
- ^ a b allmusic
- ^ a b c d e f ArkivMusik
- ^ allmusic
- ^ amazon
Ernst Märzendorfer Information about
Ernst Märzendorfer viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.