Epipregnanolone, also known as 3β-hydroxy-5β-pregnan-20-one, 3β,5β-tetrahydroprogesterone, or 3β,5β-THP, is an endogenous neurosteroid It acts as a negative allosteric modulator of the GABAA receptor and reverses the effects of potentiators like allopregnanolone Epipregnanolone is biosynthesized from progesterone by the actions of 5β-reductase and 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, with 5β-dihydroprogesterone as the intermediate in this two-step transformation
Epipregnanolone is not a progestogen itself, but via metabolization into other steroids, behaves indirectly as one
The sulfate of epipreganolone, epipregnanolone sulfate, is a negative allosteric modulator of the NMDA and GABAA receptors and also acts as a TRPM3 channel activator
ChemistrySee also: List of neurosteroids
- ^ Neurosteroids and Brain Function Academic Press 12 December 2001 pp 18– ISBN 978-0-08-054423-6
- ^ a b Abraham Weizman 1 February 2008 Neuroactive Steroids in Brain Function, Behavior and Neuropsychiatric Disorders: Novel Strategies for Research and Treatment Springer Science & Business Media pp 6– ISBN 978-1-4020-6854-6
- ^ Jan Egebjerg; Arne Schousboe; Povl Krogsgaard-Larsen 4 October 2001 Glutamate and GABA Receptors and Transporters: Structure, Function and Pharmacology CRC Press pp 248– ISBN 978-0-7484-0881-8
- ^ Beyer, C; González-Flores, O; Ramı́rez-Orduña, JM; González-Mariscal, G 1999 "Indomethacin Inhibits Lordosis Induced by Ring A-Reduced Progestins: Possible Role of 3α-Oxoreduction in Progestin-Facilitated Lordosis" Hormones and Behavior 35 1: 1–8 doi:101006/hbeh19981457 ISSN 0018-506X
- ^ Norman G Bowery 19 June 2006 Allosteric Receptor Modulation in Drug Targeting CRC Press pp 112– ISBN 978-1-4200-1618-5
- ^ Park-Chung M, Malayev A, Purdy RH, Gibbs TT, Farb DH 1999 "Sulfated and unsulfated steroids modulate gamma-aminobutyric acidA receptor function through distinct sites" Brain Res 830 1: 72–87 doi:101016/s0006-89939901381-5 PMID 10350561
- ^ Issues in Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Drug Research, and Drug Innovation: 2011 Edition ScholarlyEditions 9 January 2012 pp 3260– ISBN 978-1-4649-6342-1
- ^ Advances in Glutamic Acid Research and Application: 2013 Edition: ScholarlyBrief ScholarlyEditions 21 June 2013 pp 104– ISBN 978-1-4816-7049-4
|See also Receptor/signaling modulators GABAA receptor positive modulators GABA metabolism/transport modulators|
|See also Receptor/signaling modulators Progestogens and antiprogestogens Androgen receptor modulators Estrogen receptor modulators List of progestogens|
Epipregnanolone Information about
Epipregnanolone viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Random Posts (searchxengine.com)
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.