Elias Bernard Koopmanelias koopman
Elias Bernard Koopman 1860 – August 23, 1929 was a founder of the American Mutoscope and Biograph Company1 He was also a founder of The Magic Introduction Company2 He later headed the Runsyne Corporation, a maker of electrical signs
- 1 Biography
- 2 Patents
- 3 External links
- 4 References
He was born in 1860 In 1895 with William Kennedy Dickson and Herman Casler and Henry Marvin he founded the American Mutoscope and Biograph Company1
He committed suicide by stabbing himself in the abdomen in 1929 in the Hotel Cumberland He was taken to the hospital while still alive, but he died a few hours later He left a note for his brother, Harry Koopman telling him of his intentions In the note he asked that his family not mourn for him He also asked that his body be donated to science He was 69 years old3
- US Patent 414,058 pocket lamp 2
- Elias Bernard Koopman at Who's Who of Victorian Cinema
- ^ a b "Elias Bernard Koopman" British Film Institute Retrieved 2007-09-25 One of the four men who founded the KMCD syndicate which later became the American Mutoscope and Biograph Company; Elias Koopman, unlike his partners Dickson, Marvin and Casler, had a commercial rather than a technical background, running the Magic Introduction Company which marketed magical toys and optical novelties, including the Photoret pocket watch detective camera invented by Casler and Dickson Billy Bitzer was a company employee
- ^ a b "The Magic Introduction Company" The Lampworks Retrieved 2007-09-25 One of the principals of The Magic Introduction Company, Elias Bernard Koopman, b 1860, d 1929 was granted patent number 414,058 on October 29, 1889 see photo above His invention for a "pocket lamp" is in effect an early incarnation of the cigarette lighter
- ^ "Koopman Stabs Himself Head of Runsyne Corporation Dies in Hospital Hours Later" New York Times August 24, 1929 Retrieved 2007-09-25 Elias Koopman, 69 years old, President of the Runsyne Corporation, electrical sign advertisers, of 250 West 54th Street, was found unconscious in a room in the Hotel Cumberland, 220 West 54th Street, as the result of a self inflicted stab wound to the abdomen
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1860s is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
Elias Bernard Koopman Information about
Elias Bernard Koopman
Elias Bernard Koopman
Elias Bernard Koopman viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.